Skip to content

Two things about my Dragon Disciple

enqenq Member Posts: 3
And one about this forum. I am sincerely unable to find a search function. In my mind, I am perfectly forgiven for any crime I commit by possibly asking two questions I could have had answered with a simple search. =)

actually, checked the bug forum. so make it one thing:

For two, the breath special ability sounds like it's supposed to be a cone attack, but from my experience it's more like a fireball with a tiny blast radius. Misunderstanding or miswriting? Any tips for aiming it - I can only seem to hit targets very close to the impact point, and certainly nothing between said spot and my DD.

Comments

• MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    The kit description is either outdated or flat-out wrong. The true downside of the kit is one less spell cast per spell level, as you've experienced.

The breath weapon, like many cone-based attacks apparently, is currently buggy in its actual influence. I find it works more like Agannazer's Scorcher than Fireball, but hey.

There is a search function, but it sucks. You're fine.
    TJ_HookerSCARY_WIZARD
  • TGWarlockTGWarlock Member Posts: 3
    Search, scroll all the way to the bottom of the page, far lefthand side.

As I recall from NWN, the RDD's breath weapon affect a small area (5' I think) around the character. Never looked to close at the class in PnP 3ed. Can't say I've looked at the kit in BGEE, but I think a cone attack is more logical than a target on caster area effect.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    An effective way to search is to just use google. Just search:
    site:baldursgate.com [subject]
    SpaceInvaderSCARY_WIZARD
  • PugPugPugPug Member Posts: 560
    TJ_Hooker said:

There's a good chance you'll have to make a security exception in your browser if you do this. It might be because I stay logged into gmail and so my google searches start with https, but for some reason, the security certificate on this forum isn't valid.
    [Deleted User]TJ_Hooker
  • ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214
    I've never had that problem. Also, I suggest using "site:forum.baldursgate.com", otherwise a search might bring up non-forum results.
    TJ_Hooker
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    PugPug said:

TJ_Hooker said:

There's a good chance you'll have to make a security exception in your browser if you do this. It might be because I stay logged into gmail and so my google searches start with https, but for some reason, the security certificate on this forum isn't valid.
    Yeah, I remember this happening to me as well, but only sporadically.
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    PugPug said:

TJ_Hooker said:

I get this, too. Seems baldursgate.com is bad to the bone.
    Solav
  • ReadingRamboReadingRambo Member Posts: 598
    Yah I've got that problem as well. What is the certificate and why doesn't this site have one?
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001
    Everyone fears the Bhaalspawn
    IsandirSCARY_WIZARDCrevsDaak