Skip to content

Custom Portrait Option for iPad Users

The iPad version of the game currently comes with an easy mechanism for using custom soundsets for users who purchased the soundset DLC, but there is no easy mechanism for using custom portraits. As far as I am aware, the only methods involve either editing an existing save file with Shadowkeeper and replacing the default portraits with custom portraits. The former is a cumbersome step that must be performed for every save-game, and the latter is unwieldy if the user would like to add many custom portraits.

It would be convenient if something similar to the mechanism in place for using custom soundsets could be applied to using custom portraits for iPad users.

Comments

• BeridelBeridel Member Posts: 35
    I agree. It's strange that a portraits folder in Library/ doesn't work when it would on other platforms...
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    You can override original portraits. Name your custom portraits 'male1L, male1M, male1s' and they will replace the first male portrait on portrait selection. Others are male2, genmelf, gendwrf, genmhlf
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    lunar said:

You can override original portraits. Name your custom portraits 'male1L, male1M, male1s' and they will replace the first male portrait on portrait selection. Others are male2, genmelf, gendwrf, genmhlf

I am aware of this feature and discuss it in the first post. However, this is an imperfect solution in that it limits the number of total portraits that can be added and forces the user to remove some content. These are both undesirable.

What you suggest is a good workaround in the short-term, but the fix available on other platforms should be extended to the iPad release.