Skip to content

Inventory / Auto pick-up of items after battle

James_MJames_M Member Posts: 140
A lot of time can be spent picking up items and moving items from one character to another.

Suggestion: Consider a feature that does “auto-pickup” of items on the ground after finishing a battle, sorted to your party members by strength or by character class. E.g. in the Options Menu, select what it is you want to auto-pick-up such as gold, ammo, scrolls and/or magical items.

Comments

• TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    Its a good idea, but I'd probably limit it to gold. Though I admit that it wouldn't be a priority for me.
  • HeroicSpurHeroicSpur Member Posts: 907
    I personally loved seeing the pick-ups at the bottom of the screen.

Anyway, I don't think this idea would be practically feasible. Seeing as the game has the admirable feature of allowing you to pick up everything your enemy was carrying, it would cause havoc picking up a load of suits of armour, helmets, shields, weapons etc.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    Indeed I never take armor from the dead, all I need is a small precious shiny to remind me of the glories of battle, such as a simple moonstone or sky drop.
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,526
    I vote for the implementation of a "Take All" button as per @technophobe. It would be a handy feature that increases flexibility.
  • KharadorKharador Member Posts: 215
    Since GUI reform is a priority for them, I'd say let the player right-click on containers (chests, corpses, tables, etc) and the container's inventory box shows up there instead of at the bottom of the screen. Perhaps include a "Take All" button as well.
    +1 Great idea
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    There's another improvement that I'd like to see.

Besides a take all button, it would be nice if we could see more than 6 items at a time in containers.
  • carugacaruga Member Posts: 375
    [quote]Besides a take all button, it would be nice if we could see more than 6 items at a time in containers. [/quote]

Resizable windows should cover that.
  • LuneverLunever Member Posts: 307
    How about selecting a group, have a "take loot" button there. After you press that you mark an area and then get a shop inventory screen?