Skip to content

Rasaad's Quest

What is the latest time to get Rasaad in the group and start his quest?

I have Neera and Dorn in my group and I want to keep them. But I dont want to miss Rasaads quest. So I'd like to get him in my group and just do his quest with him and afterwards I want to have my old pary back.

So is there a latest point I can have him in my group?

And a second question: What would be the earliest time to do his quest without getting killed all the time??

Thanks for your answers!!

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    His quest does not begin until Baldur's Gate, but you need to have two conversations with him before it happens. These conversations are a week apart, and the event triggers at least two days after the second one.
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    I wrote a small script to speed up Rasaad quest.

That's how it works:

1) unzip the attached file and put rasaad.BS in your script folder.
    2) let Rasaad join and select rasaad(custom) as his script
    3) press A and the string "done" will be displayed above his head. After a second the first conversation will trigger
    4) press S and the string "done" will be displayed above his head. After a second the second conversation will trigger
    5) press D and the string "Done and done! Be on your way." will be displayed above his head. This means that his quest is started.
    6) now you can change back his script to whatever it was before

After the six steps above, to proceed with his quest, you just have to
    go to the Docks District in Baldur's Gate and the Dark Monks will ambush you

In case you're wondering this is the decompiled script:

IF
    HotKey(A)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobalTimer("RASAAD_CDEV1_TIMER","GLOBAL",1)
    DisplayStringHead(Myself,11973) // done
    END

IF
    HotKey(S)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobalTimer("RASAAD_CDEV2_TIMER","GLOBAL",1)
    DisplayStringHead(Myself,11973) // done
    END

IF
    HotKey(D)
    THEN
    RESPONSE #100
    SetGlobalTimer("DARK_MOON_AMBUSH","LOCALS",1)
    DisplayStringHead(Myself,7999) // Done and done! Be on your way.
    END

Script file
    KidCarnival
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Oh FFS, I suppose the next thing is that someone will post a script to jump directly from the Prologue to the Temple of Bhaal and auto-gib Sarevok. "I don't want to bother with actually playing through the game, I just want to be able to pretend that I've 'won' it!"
    Trigon_Lionheart
    @Gallowglass

No one is forcing you to use any script. I wrote it for myself on my second playthrough and just wanted to share.
    Diamondeye
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356

... I have no idea why he wanted to tell his life's story to some Reputation 6 miscreant ...

I refer you to the Parable of the Prodigal Son. Seeking out sinners to save their souls is pretty standard practice for evangelists of many religions in real life, and I guess the same is true in Faerun.
    [Deleted User]

Rasaad is irritating and terrible, so I understand people wanting him in fast-forward.

I actually like Rasaad and monks in general (I also played BGtutu with a monk CHARNAME once), but having played BG many times, sometimes I just want to have a monkless party and, being a completionist, still do Rasaad quest.
    lolien
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    I really like Rasaad's personality too. Especially that he is almost impossible to wind up or insult. Very well written IMO.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I have dragged Rasaad around from the first meeting in Nashkel at level 1, in order to do his quest. Despite not liking monks at all, I found him less useless in combat than expected, but his personality still annoys me. As I said elsewhere - even a NPC (Viconia) gets to express more opinion than charname, while Rasaad just preaches on and on about his religion, showing neither respect nor interest for mine (or Yeslick's or Branwen's). If a cleric could at least have an eye to eye conversation about faith, I wouldn't mind so much, but as it is, I see no reason except the quest to have Rasaad around.
    Now I had, as far as I remember, two longer conversations before finishing Cloakwood; after that Rasaad stayed quiet. Nothing at all happened in the docks, so I travelled random long ways, rested several times, still not getting him to say anything more or have anything happen in the docks. Whatever I'm doing wrong - I'm very glad there's a script to trigger the quest. I did my "duty" of having him in the party up to level 6, now I deserve to do the quest. It has nothing to do with "laziness" and "skipping the entire game".
    I don't think Rasaad goes on about his relegion, unless you specifically ask him about it, or you have him in the same party as Viconia. In which case he he certainly has very eye to eye conversations about faith! And I think you confuse his respect for the opinions of others for not having one of his own.

He is most entertaining when you attempt to choose rude or confontational dialogue options when conversing with him.
    He didn't ask me ONCE about religion. Even if I'm a priest of Helm/Talos/Lathander, he doesn't, as obvious as it is. Showing no interest, but explaining his own in every detail, is rather disrespectful.

He didn't ask me ONCE about religion. Even if I'm a priest of Helm/Talos/Lathander, he doesn't, as obvious as it is. Showing no interest, but explaining his own in every detail, is rather disrespectful.

There are no kit specific dialogues in BG, and the few class specific ones involve thieves. Unlike Icewind Dale, BG trys to avoid imposing views on the protagonist, which would be required, if someone asked you about your religeous views. As for the cleric kits, someone might choose them because the powers match their concept, but are role playing a follower of a different diety (especially chaotic clerics of Helm, and lawful clerics of Talos!), or someone who has cleric powers from being Bhaalspawn.

If you disagree with Rasaad's religeous views, or think he is going on about it too much, tell him so.
    Yeah, it would be asked too much to have dialogue options for other deities, especially since the other new NPCs wouldn't have such an option. And yes, I tell him to shut up as soon as I can, I'm just not sure if that is what prevents his quest from triggering. (I'm not picking the "no time to talk" answer; I just click the first option in each as soon as I get something to click.)
    I have played through with the rude responses, and not had any trouble getting the quests. Rasaad is basically teflon when it comes to insults.

(I think it's purely down to random buggyness when the quest doesn't trigger sometimes)
    Debaser
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Fardragon said:

There are no kit specific dialogues in BG, and the few class specific ones involve thieves. Unlike Icewind Dale, BG trys to avoid imposing views on the protagonist, which would be required, if someone asked you about your religeous views. As for the cleric kits, someone might choose them because the powers match their concept, but are role playing a follower of a different diety (especially chaotic clerics of Helm, and lawful clerics of Talos!), or someone who has cleric powers from being Bhaalspawn.

Mmm. I bet they could get away with ~4 different answers:
    1/ "I adhere to describe conventional dogma."
    2/ "My beliefs are closer to unconventional interpretation."
    3/ "This world is an ever-changing place. No single answer can cover all situations. I serve patron as best I can in the face of new and unexpected circumstances."
    4/ "I don't mean to be rude, but that's between me and my Gods."

Cheers, -- N
  • ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214
    One problem with bringing up religion in a setting like Forgotten Realms is that there are so many divinities. There is no way they could include enough dialog options to keep those who know the setting well enough happy. The other side of the coin is when you have people not familiar with the setting. If you brought up this huge list of divinites, how would they know what to choose (especially if they aren't playing a priest kit)?
    Wise_Grimwald