Skip to content

Question regarding StringRef

ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214
edited March 2013 in General Modding
I'm working on fixing a minor issue with normally unavailable containers, and I've noticed that containers such as the gem bag have two string entries with identical text, with one being called by the ITM file and the other being called by the STO file. Since normally unavailable containers only have one (e.g. bag of holding) can the same string be called by both files, or does this hose up things?
Post edited by Zarakinthish on

Comments

• ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214
    Really? Does nobody know?
  • tommytommy Member Posts: 401
    edited March 2013
    maybe plural and singular? or male famale? i think the booth text are different in other languages.
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    One's the name of the item, the other is the name of the store. The first is displayed in the inventory etc., the other is displayed when you have the store open.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438

I'm working on fixing a minor issue with normally unavailable containers, and I've noticed that containers such as the gem bag have two string entries with identical text, with one being called by the ITM file and the other being called by the STO file. Since normally unavailable containers only have one (e.g. bag of holding) can the same string be called by both files, or does this hose up things?

Strings can be re-used w/o issue.

• ZarakinthishZarakinthish Member Posts: 214
    @Camdawg, thanks for the info. I'll go ahead and fix that annoying bit with the Bag of Holding then.