Skip to content

Multiplayer and NPCs

WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
Hello, my friend and I played multiplayer for the first time and we made a full party of six and headed off. Along the way we hired in NPCs just to take their loot and sell it or use it. We knew about losing reputation points for hiring in Evil NPCs, but the problem is, once we remove the evil NPCs (Monty, Xzar, Dorn, etc) the reputation points we lose don't come back.

Off the wall example: Our good party of six had a reputation of 12. He hired in Dorn just to take his loot and had our reputation lowered by 2 (making our reputation now 10). Then we immediately removed him from the party which should make our reputation back to 12, but it's not.

Not sure if this a reported bug, or even really a bug given that we're playing multiplayer. For the moderators, please merge, close, or delete thread if this has been reported. Thanks.

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    I reckon the existing behaviour is sensible.

Having shown willingness to work with a Blackguard, everyone now knows this about you. The fact that at some later stage you might not be working with a Blackguard at that particular time doesn't change the fact that we know that you're the type of guy who is willing to do so. So the rep loss might well be permanent.
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    Makes sense from a RPing stand point, but I'm purely meta-gaming here (or confused lol). I guess my question is: If we lose rep points for having evil party members, do we get those points back once they're killed or removed?