Skip to content

Trouble with .bam files and freezing spellbook icons.

MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
I've just completed the design work on 140 spell icons, now I'm ready to convert them to .bam files.

I'm using both versions of BAMWorkshop, using the supplied palettes, with dimensions set to a maximum of 32x32 pixels and they show up perfectly in the BAMWorkshop preview. I can see them against the test backgrounds, so they should work fine.

That is until I assign them to a .spl file. Instead of showing up like they should, there is a blank space that freezes the game when you click on it.

I've tried to follow the tutorials out there on .bam creation but I must be missing a step in the process. I could send these 140 (280 in total) files to someone else to convert them but I rather be able to do this, as I'll be adding more icons in the future and that's its just generally quicker to do it all in house.

Comments

• MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    Still having trouble converting .gif or .bmp files to .bam files. Here is a an example of a .bam file I created.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwxUZXZbu5bpNm9KdFBURXpkNTA/edit?usp=sharing

I really don't know what I'm doing that is wrong. It shows up find in BamWorkshop and DLTCEP but it still doesn't show up at all in the spellbook.

I've even edited a pre-existing .bam with a red cross yet that doesn't show up. So there must be a problem with the program I'm using. Even though I've tried this with both types of BamWorkshop, DLTCEP and TeamBG's Item Graphic Converter.
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    BGEE apparently uses a different BAM format for spell icons than the old games. If BGEE only accepts the new format, that would explain your problems. Maybe @Miloch can be prevailed upon to update BAM Batcher to produce compatible BAM files when used on BGEE.
  • Kwiat_WKwiat_W Member Posts: 37
    New bam format is not required.
    Spellbook icons names must end with letter C. You should also change frame coordinates to 0:0.
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    Kwiat_W said:

New bam format is not required.
    Spellbook icons names must end with letter C. You should also change frame coordinates to 0:0.

Ah that's it, the problem really was the filename not ending in "c". And yet I would not have realized this in a thousand years, thankyou for solving my problem.