Skip to content

(Contains Spoilers) Please Move Rasaad's Starting Location and Give Him the Sun Soul Kit

MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
edited March 2013 in Archive (Feature Requests)
Rasaad introduces himself as a Sun Soul Monk... now that the kit is available, will he be patched into one? Otherwise there is an inconsistency there it seems.

Also I'm curious -- Why is he not located in the Nashkel Carnival area, Rather than in Nashkel proper? Isn't he demonstrating the ways of his order to people? Seems to fit that venue perfectly. There's already 2 recruitable NPCs in Nashkel (Edwin and Minsc). Also, the area where he is currently located right in front of the Inn / General store in town is already pretty high-traffic with all the soldiers and townspeople milling about.
Post edited by Melicamp on

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • MelicampMelicamp Member Posts: 243
    edited March 2013
    I think so... I mean his dialog wouldn't even have to change at all if they moved him one click east.
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    They probably did it because they don't want people to miss Rasaad. But I have to say that I agree with your reasoning.
    Iecerint said:

They probably did it because they don't want people to miss Rasaad. But I have to say that I agree with your reasoning.

I agree, that's probably why. But I mean, if that's the case then all NPCs should be in towns. Look at Shar-Teel. She's in Bumfrick Egypt. Lol. I think it makes other map areas more interesting when NPCs are found in them -- Also gives you a reason to explore as a new player.

• HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    edited March 2013
    This always bothered me as well. Why do they have him basically standing in the middle of the road? He should be an attraction at the Carnival. Would make going to the Carnival actually worthwhile for me and fill out some of the more boring empty space there on the east end of it.
    There are actually pretty popular mod components that move Alora, Viconia, Shar-Teel, Coran, Eldoth, and maybe even Skie so that they can be accessed more readily. This is at the other extreme on the "ergonomics-flavor" sliding-scale.
    Granted, I think the Coran one just lets you wander into Cloakwood early.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    I disagree.

Why would he be at a carnival? Rasaad is a serious, religious fellow. If he was at a carnival, more people would think of him as clown than a holy man.

He's not trying to entertain, he's trying to enlighten.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Regarding his kit, I'm assuming they didn't change it due to the potential for issues in existing saved games with Rasaad. But there's a mini-download available that makes the change (I think Jalily posted it?), and you can also add the Sun Soul kit to EEKeeper and manually edit Rasaad.

I disagree.

Why would he be at a carnival? Rasaad is a serious, religious fellow. If he was at a carnival, more people would think of him as clown than a holy man.

He's not trying to entertain, he's trying to enlighten.

In front of a bar, to some dirt farmers? At any rate, I think that he'd go where people are going to see new things. The carnival would attract foreigners, like himself.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    He wants "to go where the people are," you mean.

Wants to see; wants to see 'em dancing. Walking around in those, whaddya call 'em, shoes.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Madhax said:

Regarding his kit, I'm assuming they didn't change it due to the potential for issues in existing saved games with Rasaad. But there's a mini-download available that makes the change (I think Jalily posted it?), and you can also add the Sun Soul kit to EEKeeper and manually edit Rasaad.

Nah, I didn't post it. @Erg made the mod: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/16398/mod-give-rasaad-the-sun-soul-monk-kit-as-intended-v3

Okay, now I've posted it.