Skip to content

Enhanced Edition

drechanadrechana Member Posts: 53
So, would I be right in thinking that this is basically an official version, with more resources pumped into it, of what the modding community, such as TuTu and BiG World Project and so forth have been doing for a while now?

Not that im knocking it, its a great thing. Just why did it take so long?

Drechana

Comments

• CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    BGEE won't have mods in it, I think those are copyrighted. It will have unique content made by some of the very same developers that made the original game, as well as other very talented people.

As far as I know, the biggest problem was getting the RIGHTS to do it, as there are more owners to little parts of Baldur's Gate. I am not sure which parts and who are the companies involved exactly (or better, I don't remember what Oster said in one of his tweets) , but I remember him (Oster) saying that the deal was being pulled ever since 2009.
  • drechanadrechana Member Posts: 53
    I know there wont be Mods as such. What I meant is the main project of big world. Ya know, making it widescreen, playing BG1 with the BG2 engine, stuff like that.

I guess my main question is, how will this enhanced edition be any different from what I am playing now. What is enhanced exactly? I thought all the models and stuff were lost so will it look any better? Im wondering wether it is worth stopping the install I am playing right now, or just continuing with that because BGEE wont be much different?

Drechana
  • mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    edited July 2012
    @drechana

The game will be with higher resolution and will run much smoother than any other version, plus they will add more 2 big adventures and npc's which is being made by a professional crew of people. plus as they CAN add encounters to existing areas, I belive you can expect surprises during the session of the original contect. the cinematics are being redone, the journal will be updated and the inventory as well, new GUI and Im sure alot of other things we dont know yet. it will be Old-New Great expirience! :-)

Very soon @AndreaColombo will post all thing that going to be in the Enhanced Edition that so far we know.
  • drechanadrechana Member Posts: 53
    Hmm ok, well I play at 1680x1050 at the moment and it runs really smooth. But the new contect sounds interesting. Please dont think I am knocking anything, I just want to know whether it is worth me stopping the game I currently have running :)

Over the last few years I have started this game again many, many times and something has gone wrong with the PC or something or other and I am getting very bored of Nashkel Mines lol. I dont want to have to do it all again if there is no point lol

Drechana
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,527
    mch202 said:

Very soon @AndreaColombo will post all thing that going to be in the Enhanced Edition that so far we know.

More specifically, I will post it immediately after the next news update from Beamdog / Overhaul.

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455

mch202 said:

More specifically, I will post it immediately after the next news update from Beamdog / Overhaul.

oh.. so I probably should replace the words "Very soon" with "Sometime in the near-3-months-future" :-D

• morgy321morgy321 Member Posts: 36
    so from what i understand it will orginal +sword of the coast+ some new stuff +1 new npc
    makes me buy it for sure only hope it not going to be the 60$ that they wanted for diablo 3 as that just made me not wanting to buy it
  • ichaos1985ichaos1985 Member Posts: 34
    morgy321 said:

so from what i understand it will orginal +sword of the coast+ some new stuff +1 new npc
    makes me buy it for sure only hope it not going to be the 60$ that they wanted for diablo 3 as that just made me not wanting to buy it

Trent said they want to sell it for 10$ (at least the iPad version), don't know about the digital download for Mac and PC. But I guess it won't be 60$ :)
  • FerluciFerluci Member Posts: 26
    I do hope they make them all cost equally as much. I plan on buying both the Mac version and the iPad version, but if I need to do that for both games that's 20 $ each.
    mch202 said:

LOL Well, Trent did say "soon" on Twitter ;-D

• Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    So am I to understand that the backgrounds will be higher resolution, and not just Zoomed out...thereby making everything smaller?
    Trent said on Twitter that background art would be "post-processed originals" and that they were looking into "upscaling algorithms". If this was the case, then area art would not shrink with higher resolutions.
  • Space_hamsterSpace_hamster Member Posts: 950
    This is why I can't wait to see the first screenshots. I love the artwork in the infinity games, but they look horrible with standard up scaling.
  • SkinnyDSkinnyD Member Posts: 28

This is why I can't wait to see the first screenshots. I love the artwork in the infinity games, but they look horrible with standard up scaling.

The anticipation for screenshots marches through my veins like giant, radioactive golden pantaloons.
    The pantaloons command me, do not ignore my veins.

Sorry, that was the first thing that came to mind when I read your post.

• AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282

Dunno man, looks fine to me at 1080p.
    http://imgur.com/fEVlY
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    I like that the hint says you can play at 640 by 480 or 800 by 600.
  • AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282
    I have to admit I enjoyed that bit of irony myself. Didn't have to scum for it, just happened on my first go. :D
  • levelwormlevelworm Member Posts: 41
    My 2 cents: Do not expect too much. Honestly they only have half a year to do this. But definitely worth buying if the price is OK.
  • shout27shout27 Member Posts: 89
    morgy321 said:

I don't want to buy Diablo 3 because it's online only. screw that.
  • DemonthorDemonthor Member Posts: 7
    edited July 2012
    This is as much about showing support as it is any additional features. Want another isometric rpg with a awesome complex rule set....if so, then show your support and light the way to the future