Skip to content

[Bug] Gems in Neera's Gem Bag Don't Have Numbers When Taken Out / Vanish if Put Back / "Money Sound"

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
edited March 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Observed Behavior
-----------------
If you remove gems from Neera's gem bag (the ones that start in the bag) they lose the "1" counter next to them. I placed a Diamond I acquired elsewhere next to a couple of them to show the difference. If you then put gems without the "1" back in the bag, they vanish forever. (Screenshot of gem issue below) I checked it in Shadowkeeper and the gems are setup as 0/0/0 when they should be 1/0/0. I edited mine and they are now fine.

Edit: Additionally Gem bag makes "Money Sound" when putting gems back in - As if you are selling them to a vendor. It makes the more appropriate "Bag Sound" (?) when items are being removed.

Expected Behavior
-----------------
Gems in the bag should have counters if removed. Also I would think it should make the "Bag Sound" when taking them out OR putting them back (not the sound of coins).

Post edited by HaHaCharade on

Comments

• PGoeranPGoeran Member Posts: 11
    I just noticed the same behaviour. The gems in the bag had no quantifier and adding a gem of a kind already in the bag resulted in the new gem being lost. The bugged gems in bag cannot be sold to merchants, both whilst in the bag and when removed from it.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Registered. You can sell the bugged gems by selling something else at the same time, but their prices are only 1 gp each.
  • Pluc082Pluc082 Member Posts: 80
    All of my gems just disapear when I put them in the bag...
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    edited March 2013
    @Jalily I edited this one as there's also what I feel is a sound discrepancy. I'll let you be the judge if that's an issue or not.
    Reported sound discrepancy. The right sound plays when you add the item from the Inventory screen, so I think it's a bug. It happens with inventory containers in general.
  • SethDavisSethDavis Member Posts: 1,812
    script and code changes have been made. should be good for the next release
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    SethDavis said:

script and code changes have been made. should be good for the next release

Any hints on when that may be? :P

• francofranco Member Posts: 507
    In my latest run with a party, the gems disappear once they are placed into Neera's gem bag.
    In several previous games, the gem bag was functining properly.
    Did you take out the gems that were originally in the bag and then put them back in? Do gems not originally in the bag vanish when they are placed inside? If yes and no, that's a known bug that should be fixed in the next patch.
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    @Jalily, that's what I did. Thanks. I guess according to the programming it matters in what order you do some of these things, since I didn't have this problemwith previous runs.
  • SolarisSolaris Member Posts: 3
    Can someone please list what gems Neera starts out with in the gembag, so that we can replace disappeared ones with the CLUAconsole (assumedly, from this list http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/threads/all-the-clua-commands.14938/)?

In @HaHaCharade's picture it looks like there's a Sunstone and Turquoise(?) gem... what are the other 2?
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Solaris said:

Can someone please list what gems Neera starts out with in the gembag, so that we can replace disappeared ones with the CLUAconsole (assumedly, from this list http://www.gamebanshee.com/forums/threads/all-the-clua-commands.14938/)?

In @HaHaCharade's picture it looks like there's a Sunstone and Turquoise(?) gem... what are the other 2?

• SolarisSolaris Member Posts: 3
    Thanks!
  • RenthrakRenthrak Member Posts: 0
    edited October 2013
    I have noticed a couple of problems with the Gem Bag.

My gem bag is nearly full. I went to sell some of the gems inside. First, I tried to remove the gems from the bag to my inventory to sell from there.
    http://imageshack.us/a/img23/6549/otnr.png

The gem appeared without a stack number. Moving multiple gems to inventory does not produce a stack. Attempting to move the non-stacked gems back to the gem bag by dragging in inventory causes them to disappear. Attempting to use the gem bag's 'To Container' button does not work, the button will not highlight.

Attempting to sell these non-stacked gems from the gem bag is impossible. They register as being worth 1 gold, but selecting them to sell does not activate the 'Sell' button.
    http://imageshack.us/a/img11/8793/jigu.png

Gems other than the first four in the list, as well as jewelry, appear to be unaffected.
  • MrBungleMrBungle Member Posts: 50
    Has anyone tried removing the first four and then adding new gems?