Skip to content

Make Clubs, Quarterstaves, and Other Useful Items Sellable for 1gp

Got this idea from one of the Icewind Dale mods made by @Camdawg

Certain items are trash (the Spider Body from Landrin's quest for example) and they should have no value. That being said, a club or a quarterstaff having no value doesn't make sense to me. You can buy them, I don't see why you couldn't sell them for at least 1 gold. The merchant would certainly make a profit on it, and its better then you throwing it on the ground.

Comments

• CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Heh, that IWD component is based on the same component in BG2 Tweaks, so technically it's already available for BGEE.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    Agree. Leaving everything on the ground is very annoying.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I'm just going to step in as the voice of reason, here:

Everyone's aware that we're basically talking about heavy tree-branches, right? I agree that not being able to sell them is cumbersome, but especially with a club leaving it on the ground wouldn't even be considered littering. :)
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Aosaw said:

I'm just going to step in as the voice of reason, here:

Everyone's aware that we're basically talking about heavy tree-branches, right? I agree that not being able to sell them is cumbersome, but especially with a club leaving it on the ground wouldn't even be considered littering. :)

Yeah but the fact is, you can still buy them right? I'm assuming not every branch is suitable for a club. There's some work done to them. I guess that argument works better on clubs then say quarterstaves tho.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    I usually chalk that up to "merchants will try and sell you anything if they think they can get away with it". ;)