Skip to content

How to fix token strings for modding...

XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
I've been going out of my brain for the last week or so, and I can't figure out to fix this issue, I've also been working with @Kaeloree to have this fixed somehow, however it is not seeming to work for him either (lol) sorry for that, but it really sucks that he's not fairing any better than me at this issue. I was advised to Edit, rename, and use the Batch (.bat) file that comes with such mods as Isra and Neera... but to no avail...

SO, I have decided to ask in an open dialogue, and if any modders know any ways around this issue to where actually shows up as the proper name... I would be very grateful.

For obvious purposes, I'm going to type in what my .bat file says, so that no one needs to ask (I know you were gonna ;)):

weidu Margarita\Setup-Margarita.tp2 --script-style BG2 --tlkin .\lang\en_US\dialog.tlk --tlkout .\lang\en_US\dialog.tlk --log Setup-Margarita.DEBUG

Any help or critic or what have you would be wonderful, thanks for your input guys!!!

Comments

• WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    Exactly what is your problem?
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    edited March 2013
    In the game, CHARNAME comes up as CHARNAME instead of whatever name was chosen lol... I just want them to show up in the game correctly.

EDIT: just reread that.. didn't know those symbols did that here sorry
    Post edited by Xavioria on
    @Xavioria
    Try uninstalling all your mods, deleting your TLK and redownloading it.
    If you installed your mod without using the --script-style bg2 option, WeiDU will have added the strings in the BG1 format. Subsequent attempts to reinstall your mod with the --script-style bg2 option will not update the strings to use the BG2 format.
    INTERESTING, did not know that, I shall try that immediately, and let you know if that works :)
    Oh, also, explicitly declaring script style is not necessary from WeiDU 231.07 and onwards.
    edited March 2013
    Edit: Never Mind, I found it, and what do you know, it works perfectly!

My mod should be ready for mass download this month!! thanks so much for your help @Wisp
    Post edited by Xavioria on