Skip to content

The Baldur's Gate Saga Cries for a Good Aligned Gnome

This is a selfish Feature request (sorry) and is more of a plea!

After going on 14 years I still just can't believe there's not a Good Aligned gnome to be found in Baldur's Gate or its sequel. Most gnomes are Good Aligned in AD&D and are quirky, fun characters to be around. While Tiax is quirky and fun in a different way, Quayle is just annoying and both are evil and neutral respectively. I'm not sure if there's any future plans for adding NPCs or if the 4 we have is what we get (I'm sure voice acting gets expensive) but a good-hearted gnome would be a great thing to consider. Recommendations: Fighter/Illusionist or Illusionist/Thief. :-)

Comments

• XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    A very interesting observation...
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    CHARNAME gnome Fighter / Illusionist is a very strong combo, especially if you are playing Good (and gain access to DUHM).
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    The Baldur's Gate NPCs tend to subvert the stereotypical AD&D archetypes on at least one aspect. That's what makes them interesting.
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    from what I remember from some of his interviews @TrentOster is gnomophibic.
  • DazzuDazzu Member Posts: 950
    If I ever need another thing to boast about Finch, she's a NG gnomish cleric who worships Deneir.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    If you don't think Jan is quirky and fun, you're inhuman.
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    edited March 2013
    Mur'Neth is my favorite BG1 NPC. Finch is pretty great, too, though.