Skip to content

[BUG] Firebead Elvenhair No Longer Gives Quest in Beregost Post v1.0.2014

Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
edited November 2013 in Fixed
I've searched, and I only found reports of the Firebead and Tethtoril bug in Candlekeep.

I've tried in 3 saved games, and Firebead no longer gives the quest to fetch him a copy of History of the Fateful Coin in Beregost.

When you go into his house, all he says is: "Ah, next time you pass through Candlekeep, you should read the "History of the Bell in the Depths." It is an old favorite of mine that I'm sure you would like."

This also means that there's no way to get the scroll case anymore.

[EDIT] If you have Shadowkeeper, this can be fixed by deleting the Global variable "TALKEDTOFIREBEAD" or setting it to 0.

If you don't have Shadowkeeper, you can also type this in the console:
CLUAConsole:SetGlobal("TALKEDTOFIREBEAD","GLOBAL",0)
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    Awong124 said:

I've searched, and I only found reports of the Firebead and Tethtoril bug in Candlekeep.

I've tried in 3 saved games, and Firebead no longer gives the quest to fetch him a copy of History of the Fateful Coin in Beregost.

When you go into his house, all he says is: "Ah, next time you pass through Candlekeep, you should read the "History of the Bell in the Depths." It is an old favorite of mine that I'm sure you would like."

This also means that there's no way to get the scroll case anymore.

The person who speaks with him needs to be CHARNAME or Imoen i.e. a character that was at Candlekeep
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    It still doesn't work. I've found a fix and added it to my original post.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Did you speak to Firebead in Candlekeep prior to downloading the latest patch? That would cause the problem you describe since v2014 uses TalkedToFirebead for the book quest instead of the scroll quest.
  • ElvenArseElvenArse Member Posts: 1
    edited March 2013
    Talking to Firebead doesn't set the "TalkedToFirebead" global anymore, instead it sets "HelpFirebead" global, which breaks both this quest and Tethtoril quest.

Edit: Ok, Jalily is right, it does set "TalkedToFirebead" but only in Beregost.

Post edited by ElvenArse on
    Jalily said:

Did you speak to Firebead in Candlekeep prior to downloading the latest patch? That would cause the problem you describe since v2014 uses TalkedToFirebead for the book quest instead of the scroll quest.

Yes, I patched the game after Candlekeep and before Beregost.

• MistbornMistborn Member Posts: 7
    Awong124 said:

Yes, I patched the game after Candlekeep and before Beregost.

the same for me, i patched just before this quest. thanks for the shadowkeeper method :P

• atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,146
    I found just talking to him a second time started the quest.
    atcDave said:

I found just talking to him a second time started the quest.

I tried talking to him like 10 times, he kept saying the same thing.
  • GrakkelGrakkel Member Posts: 55
    Just adding that I've had this problem as well. I helped out Firebead in Candlekeep, but no matter what, Firebead won't give me his quest in Beregost. I've made sure my reputation is high enough (15 at present), I've talked to him with and without the book. I've probably clicked on his head fifty to a hundred times now. I'm to the point where I'm going to try to figure out how to do CLUA or Shadowkeeper with my Mac Beamdog version in order to fix this.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @arclientSD
    This bug will be fixed in the next patch. You can grab the official hot-fix for it here.
    [Deleted User]
    @Dee

Does that hotfix fix both issues? Because that thread is only about the "Tethtoril-won't-give-the-scroll-in-Candlekeep" bug. This thread is about the "Firebead-won't-give-the-book-quest-in-Beregost" bug.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited September 2013
    It should fix both issues. I'll need to double-confirm that, but unless I'm eating my foot again (which is entirely possible), the two issues are connected; fixing one should fix the other as well.
    Awong124elminster