Skip to content

A bit of a Dilemma

Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
Hey, my first post here but ive been lurking for a while.

Anyways Im a huge fan of BG, and while I played BG (and 2) on release all those years ago ive only just got round to finishing a complete playthrough of BG1, 2 and ToB with the same character and party. And it was an awesome ride. After I finished I was contemplating my next playthrough. I thought id mix it up a bit, play a mage (I usually stick with melee classes) and maybe try some of those NPCs i didnt allow into my party in my other playthrough etc etc.

Litterally a few weeks after finishing they announce BGEE and of course Im thrilled at the prospects of this project and going through the game again in enhanced format. But now part of me is thinking "well, it would be nice to experience all this new content and stuff with my original party and character class I used before... but... then Im sure Im missing out on some awesome NPCs that ive just overlooked. Though on the other hand I'll miss Minsc and Jaheira! What if these guys have new lines of dialogue that id love to hear?? Arrrrghhhh!!"

So yeah... I dont know what the hell to do class wise/party setup wise for my first playthrough of EE :/.. Are you guys overthinking this as much as I am? what are your plans for your first play through? Honestly I wouldnt be supprised if I never play the game due to thinking about what to do too much.

Comments

• mch202mch202 Member Posts: 1,455
    Im for sure gonna dual classs fighter/thief and will go on with a slaughtering campaign :)
  • Daedalus87mDaedalus87m Member Posts: 92
    No, it's just you.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    edited July 2012
    I am thinking of playing a dualed fighter(berserker)/cleric with dual wielding (or not),smashing heads and summoning skellies while playing evil ohoho >:]

Sarevok, this game is not big enough for both of us o_O

P.S. Hm i hope they can recolour some armor to black so i can look more menacing :P, can you imagine me GREEN in the ankheg plate? -_-
    Post edited by Mornmagor on
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    I don't know what class I'll play on my first go. Maybe a fighter or paladin kit (just to check how much they balanced the game. Cavalier, Inquisitor or Berserker should tear the game if it won't be balanced, as it happened in Tutu or Trilogy)

Maybe a Cleric if it gets new kits?
    Really though, I intend to reply it to death. The first run I feel like it won't matter that much, as long as I can keep on playing :)
  • QfwfqQfwfq Member Posts: 12
    I'm going to go completely nuts and make a half-orc bounty hunter...
  • odeeodee Member Posts: 87
    Gonna be jack of all trades , master of none . Never tried thief/mage/fighter , it will be tough but challenging
  • GstrowesGstrowes Member Posts: 1
    I'll be bringing Findlater the Halfling Thief (my character from my original BG gaming) back, and playing it on my iPad.
    Can't wait.
  • dandydandy Member Posts: 35
    Mornmagor said:

P.S. Hm i hope they can recolour some armor to black so i can look more menacing :P, can you imagine me GREEN in the ankheg plate? -_-

You could always edit the item yourself, but that takes a small amount of effort.
    If you're going simply for looks and not really caring about anything else, they do have a completely black piece of unremovable plate that is worm by your evil self in of the ToB fate trials
  • SkinnyDSkinnyD Member Posts: 28
    "Never play the game due to thinking about it too much?" That's an awful solution to a ridiculous problem.
    When faced with such insurmountable barriers, just mash the buttons on your keyboard until you start having fun again. Try a Chaotic Neutral Dwarven Fighter/Cleric, always answer every dialogue option by pressing 3-1-2 repeatedly, regardless of where it takes you. Only cast odd level spells and always attack somebody in your party once for every 5 strikes you perform on an enemy. I guarantee your game experience will be unlike anything you've ever had and will almost certainly take you into "new game content" from your perspective.
    Ultimately, I suppose the only way you will get to experience both old and new game content is to play the game from start to finish with your previous beloved character/party of yore; then over and over with vastly different characters, choices, parties, alignments, etc. However, does that not make the enhanced edition sound just that much more exciting? A perfect excuse to play the Lloth-loving crap out of Baldur's Gate again?
  • Excalibur_2102Excalibur_2102 Member Posts: 351
    Oh, dont worry, I will actually play the game, lol... Unfortunately though I dont know how many play throughs because of limited gaming time.
  • RenshtalisRenshtalis Member Posts: 136
    Just start with a different party, if BGEE comes out before you Finnish you will either keep playing or stop and go with your original party, it's not that big of a deal bro.