Skip to content

Cant find a mod to alter apearence

ThraxxThraxx Member Posts: 67
edited March 2013 in General Modding
Im sorry if there is all rdy a threat about this, then Ive missed it.

I want to change the look for my fighter/thief/mage. when Im putting on my robe, I want it to apear as if Im wearing a robe.
I want to hide the helmet.
I also want a bag of holdings, its a pain the behind trying to solo the game without it.

Ive tried installing BG2 fix pack, but it cant find the dialog.tlk file. Ive tried following the stepps, but the cmd cant find the desired path mklink /H dialog.tlk .\lang\en_US\dialog.tlk
If anyone can help, I would rly appreciate it.
Post edited by Thraxx on

Comments

• mars0124mars0124 Member Posts: 180
    First you have to be in the proper DIR to run that command. You can do this by typing CD then the path to Baldur's Gate. For example: CD C:\Program Files (x86)\Beamdog\Baldur's Gate

Also, you don't have to type everything after CD. If you hit the key then it will auto-enter text, then cycle through different options if you keep tapping it.

Good luck!
  • ThraxxThraxx Member Posts: 67
    edited March 2013
    Thx for trying to help me. But I must be the biggest newb.

...open a command window and navigate to your game directory. (In Windows 7, you can shift-right-click on the game folder in Explorer and choose 'Open command window here...'. In older Windows, you'll need to Windows+R for the run dialogue, run cmd, and then use 'CD nameofdirectory' to get to the game directory.) Once you're at the command prompt in your main directory, type
    mklink /H dialog.tlk .\lang\en_US\dialog.tlk

I cant get this part at all to work, it always says cant find the specific path.
    I go to my BG EE folder, shift right click it, and press open command window here.

Ive tried what you said, Ive been spamming the tab button, but the /H dialog.tlk .\lang\en_US\dialog.tlk. doesnt pop up anywhere.
  • ThraxxThraxx Member Posts: 67
    edited March 2013
    okay... I just went in and found the file, copied it into the main folder, now the bg2 tweak pack works..
    after all of that had work and mind crunching, thats what works.. sigh..

nvm.. I got the program to run, but all of the installations bugged out got an error message, so nothing got installed.
  • horredtheplaguehorredtheplague Member, Developer Posts: 186
    @Thraxx: What was your error message?

[GUESS] Do you have a subfolder named "override" in your main folder? If not, add one.

P.S: If you think installing the mod is hard work, imagine how much hard work went into making the mod? It's unfortunate that adding mods to BGEE is more difficult than to BG2, but much of the reason is because of the technological advances. Who said technology was supposed to make our lives simpler? :)