Skip to content

Magical ammunition in BG2

I'm sure someone must have mentioned this before but could we please have some +3/4 ammo in SoA and +5 (even +6) in ToB.

Ta.

Comments

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    This should be done.
  • KaltzorKaltzor Member Posts: 1,050
    I want a Quiver/Case/Bag of Plenty +6. Not overpowered at all.
  • bbearbbear Member Posts: 1,180
    On a serious note, +4 arrows and +4 bolts are not op given that +4 bullets are available. Also, the Gesen Shortbow shoots +4 arrows and the Firetooth shoots +4/+5 bolts.

On a side note, why is the upgraded Hindo's Doom a +4 weapon, while every other Cespanar upgradable weapons are +5 and +6. Hindo's Doom is a very sad katana.
  • JarrakulJarrakul Member Posts: 2,029
    I agree. Archery could use a little bit more TOB love (don't get me wrong, quivers of plenty are awesome, but they're mostly a convenience rather than a real advantage). I, for one, would very much like to see some +4 ammo of all ammo types, and maybe even more and/or higher bonus quivers of plenty (since, well, it's not as though the melee types have limited uses of their high-level weapons).
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    Boy, the amount of magic in high level BG is overwhelming. The Wizard's guild must be working full time just turning out all these items.
  • ajwzajwz Member Posts: 4,122
    Forget +4 and +5 ammo, I'll have whatever the kobold commandos in bg1 were using.