Skip to content

Thunderhammer Smithy Should Sell Two-Handed Swords

HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
edited March 2013 in Archive (Feature Requests)
For being the most famous smith of weapons and armor in the region, I find it curious that Taerom Fuiruim doesn't have any Two-Handed Swords in his shop inventory... The Friendly Arm Inn and Nashkel do sell them though. Doesn't seem to make too much sense, eh?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    Bhaaldog said:

I prefer the notion that as a result of the iron crisis, various shop merchants and blacksmiths have limited inventories.

Hmm. I guess that's one explanation but then again, he doesn't not have any other standard weapon... Maybe add a limited number. I personally always thought all metal items in the game should be limited ala Pomab's Emporium in IWD... They have too much stuff as is.
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    That or they could remove the ones from FAI and give Thunderhammer the 2h swords...
    Wiggles said:

That or they could remove the ones from FAI and give Thunderhammer the 2h swords...

That makes sense.

• NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Thunderhammer might also want to start selling Scimitars.

Those things are too expensive for my Druid to stock up on when he's leaving Candlekeep, and they do break.
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Beregost is the site of an ancient liche's curse that causes all children to lose their left arms on their seventh birthday. The entire town is populated by one-armed people, causing the demand for two-handed weapons to be quite low. Unfortunately, the game's graphics engine isn't capable of depicting one-armed characters.
    Madhax said:

Beregost is the site of an ancient liche's curse that causes all children to lose their left arms on their seventh birthday. The entire town is populated by one-armed people, causing the demand for two-handed weapons to be quite low. Unfortunately, the game's graphics engine isn't capable of depicting one-armed characters.

I was wondering why there were so many handicapped spaces. This explains it.
  • Chinese_JetpilotChinese_Jetpilot Member Posts: 3
    There's that shop in SW Baldur's Gate "Weapons and Armor" that strangely has no armor in stock. Misleading advertising to get you through the door!
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Bhaaldog said:

I prefer the notion that as a result of the iron crisis, various shop merchants and blacksmiths have limited inventories.

@Bhaaldog

Unfortunately an AI from an alternate timeline in his misguided attempt of saving the cRPGs will probably force these modified shop inventories on you whether you like it or not. Too bad for you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065

I went back and checked, and even in v.2014 you can find two-handed swords in the Thunderhammer Smithy ... if you go at night, and pick the lock on one of the chests.

But he won't sell you one.
    Nifft said:

I went back and checked, and even in v.2014 you can find two-handed swords in the Thunderhammer Smithy ... if you go at night, and pick the lock on one of the chests.

Even a bigger reason why he should sell them
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    Nifft said:

Dudes like a food hoarder. Just with swords (NOT WORDS!!!)