Skip to content

BUG : Lost location of character

FolFol Member Posts: 3
edited March 2013 in BG:EE Bugs (v1.2)
Hello,
I just hope this have not been reported yet. I search the list of know issues searching bugs containing the "character" word.

Behavior :
- Asked for my party to go to some far place
- Meanwhile, I switched to the desktop to do other stuff.
- When I came back to the game, my main character wasn't with his companions. I selected him and saw only a black screen.
- I selected another character and asked the "lost" one to go near him.
- The lost one reappeared at the other side of the map.

Expected :
- The main character should have been with his companions.

I attach a screenshot of the zone map after the teleportation. This happened on the Firewine Bridge map. So, the lost character has no was to have reach the other side without having explored the bridge.

I hope this will help.

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Yes, something like this has been reported before, there's seems to be some sort of bug in the pathing function.

Occasionally when the party is directed to go somewhere, one of the characters (it can be any one, not just your main character) will instead walk off in a different direction, always going in a straight line even through supposedly-impassable obstacles, and will walk right off the map, although s/he doesn't actually arrive on any other map. Then when the wayward character is directed to another location, s/he'll reappear at one edge of the current area and proceed normally to wherever directed.