Skip to content

Don't Alphabetically Sort the Spell Book

Am I the only one that doesn't like that the spell book is sorted alphabetically? Spell books are written in the order they are... well written. It seems like alphabetization is messing several things up at present (journal entries being sorted this way instead of date, spells scribed). The spell book already unfortunately looks poorer than the original. Sorting the spells in a way other then what we learned them is just kind of unfortunate as its no longer a time capsule showing when you got what. Some won't care, some will.

Comments

• HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    edited March 2013

OMG, no! I hated having to manually edit all my spellbooks in BG and Planescape in order to have spells in alphabetical order.

Yes, I am OCD like that.

Boo... HISS! Lol. I'm a different kind of OCD... I like when the spells with hand icons are grouped together (Burning Hands, Larloch's Minor Drain, Shocking Grasp, etc.), the spells with Eye icons are grouped (Sleep, Charm Person, Blindness), and then they are grouped by color. I know, I should be studied.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • HaHaCharadeHaHaCharade Member Posts: 1,644
    To be honest, I think Eudaemonium will win. I *believe* the spells in the 2nd Edition PHB are alphabetized... At least now I don't have to wait to scribe spells in a certain order. LOL.
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    I prefer a "canon" spellbook order of some kind, whether via an optional sort option or as an only option. "Listed as you learned them" is my least-preferred option, since then I feel like I have to meta-game the order in which I learn spells to achieve my preferred list.

I would be fine with people having sorting options, though, obvs.
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    It would be nice to have some kind of "list view" with sorting options:
    - Spell Name
    - Spell School
    - Date Added
    - Popularity (# of times cast)

... huh, we're re-inventing iTunes.