Skip to content

Interesting experience with Yeslick

So I was so excited to finally pick up Yeslick that I did so without important items for him. So, once he was in my party I high tailed it out of the mine to track down his warhammer (which was in Beregost). Then I headed back to the FAI to pick up Baeloth again (he's handy to kick as he doesn't stay in the mine). Then I decided that the 6th member of my party that I wanted was Dorn so I headed down to Nashkel.

After some fluffing about with Dorn (you have to recruit Dorn before you recruit Yeslick) the end result was that on the 3rd levels of the mines Yeslick had had enough and tried to bail.

I wasn't having any of that so I kicked him from the party and went and finished with just 5 (D bugged out on SCS I think).

After I finished I thought Yeslick would join again as I'd finished the mines but I guess you actually have to flood the mines for him to be happy, which was a bit difficult as he was still in them.

My solution: let Yeslick join party. Immediately pause (as otherwise he leaves forever). Remove all armour items (so he's at AC 10). Have him attack my highest AC character (having him do something seems to delay the leaving script). Have my entire party attack him.

Wa la! Dead Yeslick in my party. Flood the mines, go and raise him, bobs your uncle, happy days.

Comments

• secretmantrasecretmantra Member Posts: 259
    You weirdo metagamer, you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    It's just like you bullied poor Yeslick into staying with you. 'Look, we killed you, and we can do it again, so stay with us, or else..!'
  • PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    lunar said:

It's just like you bullied poor Yeslick into staying with you. 'Look, we killed you, and we can do it again, so stay with us, or else..!'

It's like he's inspiration from Wolfram and Hart's immortality clauses in their contracts - Yeslick belongs to the party even beyond death, even if his death comes from execution after betraying and attacking everyone else.
  • WowoWowo Member Posts: 2,064
    See, it's role playing if you look hard enough ;)
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    Very creative! Fun read. :)
  • killeahkilleah Member Posts: 124
    so yeslick is bitching about Dorn eh?

Could be a fun fight to watch, wonder if a direct assault can be triggered like jaheira/kalid VS montaron/Xzar.

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Bhaaldog said:

Is Yeslick's warhammer new content?

I think he's referring to Ashideena, the +2 War Hammer you can loot from Bassilus. It's in the Beregost region, at least.
  • WebShamanWebShaman Member Posts: 490
    Wowo said:

Wa la! Dead Yeslick in my party. Flood the mines, go and raise him, bobs your uncle, happy days.

He's your father's brother ;)

Nice solution!