Skip to content

What are the step by step operations to enter a new portrait into BGEE?

I've often admired some of the new portraits that are shown by members here. I don't know the exact step by step procedure for entering a new portrait into BGEE and what the requirements are. Would really appreciate help.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    OK. Step 1. Where do I find the BG override Folder in the PC windows version?
    Also, Is there anywhere that I can find STEP by STEP detailed instructions of how to
    1) Find a portrait
    2) size a portrait
    3) where to place it in BGEE
    4) how to get game to work with it

I know its a tall order,but I'll never beable to "get this thing" without the instructions.
    I see there are other discussions about "how to do portraits" on this forum. I guess I'll have to piece the information together "bit by bit" from those and eventually get there. Any help will be appreciated.
    On an earlier thread Foggy posted the following (I hope I transferred it here correctly. It looks
    like a good description of the process

FoggyPosts: 34

March 19

Ok, by trial and error, you WILL learn :)) Let's do this step by step:
    - Make 3 copies of each picture you want to use for the 3 BG sizes (210x330 is not mandatory)
    - open the pics with Picture Manager, crop to L 210X330 M 169 x 266 S 54X84
    - save and exit Picture Manager, now re-open the portraits with MS Paint
    - Go to save as BMP -even if the file extension is already bmp (like your portraits which have the wrong format)- and save the portrait in whatever directory you choose
    - You'll notice that the size of the 3 portraits are now L=203Kb M=132Kb S=13.5Kb, now you have the right 24bit bmp format of BGEE portraits
    - Put the portraits in Documents > Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition > Portraits folder
    - Open BGEE, you have your portraits showing under Customize in both M and S size
    - If there is still a problem somewhere just post the original files, I'll make sure you have your portraits.
    - If you have trouble understanding my English, please excuse me, There are several guides to customizing BG portraits, some in this very forum, written in better English than mine.
    Kilivitz
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    That's a good guide, and you folks might be interested in this as well:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/17441/alweths-easy-portrait-grabber-tool
  • drakescar9drakescar9 Member Posts: 65
    i'm actuly looking for any good drow fighter/theif portirats