Skip to content

Composite Lowngbow & Long Bow Icons Reversed?

CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
edited March 2013 in Not An Issue
Here's something I notice that 's just kinda irritating rather than having an effect on game play, which it doesn't.

What's Expected: The Longbow looks like the Longbow in original BG & the Composite Longbow looks like the Composite Longbow from original BG.

What's Actually Happens: Oops! They're reversed. Pic below.

Post edited by Jalily on

Comments

• PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    Yeah, I noticed this ages ago and keep forgetting to bring it up. Caused quite a bit of confusion!
  • NyxlNyxl Member Posts: 34
    edited March 2013
    I think, on the contrary, that the guys have corrected an age-old error. The longbow is the bow with the soft curve, and the composite bow the one looking like a double S.

This is a longbow.

This is a composite bow.

Not to sound pedantic, just a bit nerdy.
  • CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
    Hmm. Well, there you go. I guess they make what I was thinking of as the Composite Longbow to look so much nicer that the other, I never thought to look at the actual structure of the bow itself.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    It was done on purpose. I've created a thread about the exact same thing a while back.
  • CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 855
    Well, there you go again. I guess I need to spend more time lookin' thru the threads before I start typing...it's just that I get so little time to play the actual game that I defer to game play. Sorry about the repeat. CT