Skip to content

Rasaad Dialogue Loop Still Exists ( And another seem-to-be bug)

MunchkinXQMunchkinXQ Member Posts: 25
edited November 2013 in Not An Issue
Rasaad Dialogue Loop Still Exists. When I'm trying to recruit him in Nashkel in front of, he kicks himself out the party the next minute, saying "As the full moon wanes and disappears...."

And the he rushes to the inn, flashes back to where it was, walks to me and ask me to join again.

Another wired thing is about Edwin, the conjurer. I got him in the party once, kicked him out, and saved the witch. Since then, even if I get them both in the party, Edwin just treated her like air, and left the party blabbering I didn't do anything. That seems to be a bug to me.
Post edited by Balquo on

Comments

• GandalfPortraitGuyGandalfPortraitGuy Member Posts: 206
    Expected Behavior: Rasaad rejoins party when asked.
    Current Behavior: Rasaad rejoins, then leaves, and says he's going back to Nashkel, disappears, and asks me if I want him to join again. :/
  • geleugimgeleugim Member Posts: 1

When I'm trying to recruit him in Nashkel in front of, he kicks himself out the party the next minute, saying "As the full moon wanes and disappears...."

And the he rushes to the inn, flashes back to where it was, walks to me and ask me to join again.

I have the same problem with Rasaad; is there anything I can do?
  • VilanceVilance Member Posts: 11
    I have the ipad version. I recruited him very early, then let him go finished chapter 2 and now he does the dialogue loop.
  • CerevantCerevant Member Posts: 2,314
    Can you tell me anything about the interaction you had with him before you tried to get him to join?
  • vonchizvonchiz Member Posts: 4
    BG:EE iPad version

Observed behavior:
    I recruited Rasaad when I first met him, then decided to get Minsk and do the Gnoll rescue mission so I wouldn't leave any characters in the wilderness by accident. When I went back and dumped minsk and Witch from my party, Rasaad asks me to join his party every time I see him, then immediately leaves. Over and over and over.

Expected behavior:
    He stays.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    This is a known bug in the PC version as well.
    Can you confirm which version you are running? You can find that in the upper right corner of the start screen.
  • DeathOfNamesDeathOfNames Member Posts: 40
    My fix for this issue is to pause immediately after recruiting him (before he initiates dialogue), then quick-save and quick load.
  • VilanceVilance Member Posts: 11
    edited June 2013
    He is in the loop for me too...

Settings:
    Multiplayer
    Character female F/C
    Ipad 4
    Version latest per 6/1/2013
    Just finished chapter 1.

Will try that quicksave/load to see if that does anything.
  • JRRJRR Member Posts: 21
    I am having the exact same problem.
  • FelipeH92FelipeH92 Member Posts: 19
    @DeathOfNames thanks! :D
    We are unable to reproduce this - if anyone could provide a zip file with your save game where this is happening, that would be a big help.

Saying "latest version" doesn't help if there is a problem with your update. Please let us know the version number, found at the top of the start screen. It should say something like "1.0.XXXX" I need to know what number you see for "XXXX"

I also need to know if you have any mods installed.

Thanks!
  • mungomunkmungomunk Member Posts: 63
    edited November 2013
    Just encountered the bug as well.

I did most of chaper 2 without Rasaad, then recruited him and started his quest. After I killed the adventurer group (the one arguing over the belt at the amphitheatre) Rasaad is bugging me about the Ressurection Gorge. Strange enough I didnt even have him in my party when I did Dorns quest.

Edit: no mods, game updated to latest version via beamdog client, bug cant be repeated :/

EDit2: just saw that this thread is about BGEE, I'm having the bug in BG2EE, sry
  • EdgarEdgar Member Posts: 1
    The quicksave/load thing worked for me. THANKS!