Skip to content

Baldurs gate 2 evil party suggestions.

TaylorTwerkTaylorTwerk Member Posts: 79
Been lurking since the beginning decided to make my first post today!
I am rolling a gnome cleric/thief.
My obvious three chocies are the dwarf, viccy, and edwin but who else to fill the last two slots?

My last run included
F/T Human
Minsc
Jaheira
Aerie
Imoen
Mazzy

So I would like to refrain from using them but most of them clash with my current members anyways. who would you suggest using for my last two slots?

Comments

• GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Since you're going the Evil route, surely the obvious choices are Dorn and Baeloth. With your Charname as a Cleric/Thief, that's going to give you just about the strongest party it's possible to have in BGee.
  • TaylorTwerkTaylorTwerk Member Posts: 79

Since you're going the Evil route, surely the obvious choices are Dorn and Baeloth. With your Charname as a Cleric/Thief, that's going to give you just about the strongest party it's possible to have in BGee.

This is baldurs gate 2, so no Dorn or Baeloth yet.

• MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    People usually fill the last two slots with Haer'Dalis and Jan since they are Chaotic Neutral. You could add a Chaotic Neutral Anomen who failed his knighthood quest too. But really you could add any Neutral character if you want.
    Yes to Haer'Dalis and what I was planning on
    but I don't need yet another thief so no to Jan.
    Anomen annoys me outside of his looks but I haven't had him fail his knighthood yet so that's a possibility. Wish Safanna was still in this game or SharTeel
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Arghh, sorry @TaylorTwerk, I posted before I'd properly absorbed what you were saying.

I agree about Haer'Dalis for one slot, he's a natural fit.

Druids get to be pretty powerful at high levels, and obviously they're Neutrals so they'll co-operate with Evil parties. I'd probably take Jaheira, but if you don't want to use her again, then I'd consider Cernd. He gets a bad press because he starts off quite weak, but he's a good caster once he gets a few more levels, and once you get to ToB levels then he's an excellent caster and also has very good resistances.
    I will try Cernd this time around, he has some really good casting game now that I look into it. Also my ToB disc just broke so I need to torrent it because this is my 5th time replacing this game and I rather not do it again.
    Where would I place the ToB files?
  • helmo1977helmo1977 Member Posts: 364
    Once Cern gets the greater werewolf ability he becomes the best tank in your party, at last for 5 or 6 levels.
  • ElendarElendar Member Posts: 831
    http://mikesrpgcenter.com/bgate2/npcs.html

Check them out and decide for yourself...

If you need a Cleric, Anomen starts out neutral (and you can convince him to stay that way rather than joining the Order). Yoshimo makes a decent thief up until he betrays you and is neutral. And Imoen wont leave your party regardless of how evil you are in BG2.

I will try Cernd this time around, he has some really good casting game now that I look into it. Also my ToB disc just broke so I need to torrent it because this is my 5th time replacing this game and I rather not do it again.
    Where would I place the ToB files?

Get it from Gog.com and you can just download it whenever you need it.
  • DetroitRedWings25DetroitRedWings25 Member Posts: 244
    Sarevok is obviously ToB exclusive but i almsot always take him along and go through BG2 with a group of 5. Sarevok is easily the most OP combat based NPC and he has so many great dialogues with the other NPC's too.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    Having two thieves isn't a bad thing. And since Jan is also a very competent wizard, he makes an excellent addition to your party.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511

This is baldurs gate 2, so no Dorn or Baeloth yet.

Dorn will be available in BG2EE. Baeloth may be in BG2EE, but he won't be a party member.
  • StickanStickan Member Posts: 136
    I usually include Imoen in my evil playthroughs as well just because of her involvement in the plot. And since she will never break her alignment is not an issue! But since you'd prefer to try new ones I as the above suggest Haer'dalis and Jan or Anomen with chaotic quest outcome.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    Fardragon said:

Dorn will be available in BG2EE. Baeloth may be in BG2EE, but he won't be a party member.

They've confirmed Baeloth for BG2EE as well, as a non-party member.
  • KennisKennis Member Posts: 124
    Awww. Frankly, that stinks. I loved the character and liked the mage-heavy evil party. I thought Beamdog wanted more of my money for a DLC item, but I guess not.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @Fardragon: I think the OP is asking about BG2, not BG2:EE. :)
    BG2 - basically unplayable for an evil party. Viconia, Korgan, Edwin. With Charname, you have all of 4 evil characters. I stopped playing.
    edited March 2013
    Kennis said:

BG2 - basically unplayable for an evil party. Viconia, Korgan, Edwin. With Charname, you have all of 4 evil characters. I stopped playing.

If you refuse to use neutral characters and Imoen its unplayable, I suppose.

Although to be fair, those 4 characters right there are probably all you need to beat the snot out of everything in the game.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    Elendar said:

Kennis said:

If you refuse to use neutral characters and Imoen its unplayable, I suppose.

Although to be fair, those 4 characters right there are probably all you need to beat the snot out of everything in the game.
    I have done this, and it's possible, but less fun because you miss out on a lot of banter due to the smaller character pool. You all end up at a much higher level than normal, which gives you definite bonuses.
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    Kennis said:

Actually, if you look at personality rather than alignment, Yoshimo fits in rather well with those three...
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    shawne said:

Kennis said:

Actually, if you look at personality rather than alignment, Yoshimo fits in rather well with those three...
    Sadly, we all know what happens to him.
  • StickanStickan Member Posts: 136

shawne said:

Kennis said:

Sadly, we all know what happens to him.
    Yes, he gets ruled by Tiax big time... I really wish he hadn't been though.
    Unplayable in knowing that BG2EE is coming out with Dorn and evil thief, I'd rather wait.