Skip to content

Steam to Beamdog Multiplayer Compatability (?)

Greetings,
Just a simple question: Are Steam BGEE players able to play multiplayer with Beamdog BGEE players?

Comments

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Should be able to - at them moment it's a direct connect to IP address. Not sure what the ultimate plans are (I'm hoping for a lobby of some sorts ;))
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Drow_ArrowDrow_Arrow Member Posts: 73
    @decado well from reading the small wall of text that pops up when you hit multiplayer it would appear that eventually there will be a lobby like system as you mentioned.

@Brekkin this probably doesn't count but me and my brother play perfectly fine together (he has a steam copy of BG:EE where as i'm using the copy i pre-ordered from Beamdog directly.

the reason i said it probably doesn't count it because we're using the internal IP addresses however aslong as your ports are forwarded i don't see there being any problem regardless of where the copy of BG:EE originated from.. assuming of course that the steam version and the non-steam version are kept the same (i.e both being Ver 1.2.345 for example... I've no idea what the actual version of the game is at the moment, can't say I've taken the time to look.