Skip to content

Sarevok improvements.

Well, this one might seem a bit more straightforward than you'd expect.
I'll start with the easy one.

Give the armored figure/Sarevok a portrait!
A portrait with his armor on of course, and perhaps Koveras the portrait from Bg2:TOB.
This should'nt be much of a problem.

However, that is not all.
This might be a suggestion a bit over the top though, but how about also giving him his weapon, the sword of chaos obtained in Bg2:SOA?
Just slighty improved due to the lore behind the weapon ( perhaps heal 2 hitpoints instead of 1 per hit, and make it a +3 weapon ).

Now this is also something I haven't tested yet since he was'nt able to hit me enough, but is he able to use the deathbringer assault on our characters?
If not, adding this would also make the fight substantialy more interesting.

And last,
I'm unsure wether this is intended to be so, but Sarevoks haste effect can be dispelled with arrows of dispelling.
As I said, unsure wether this was intended or not, but if its supposed to be his ''special thing'' perhaps make it unable to be dispelled.

He is after all the final opponent, a Bhaalspawn like ourselves.
Now he's pretty much a pushover compared to some opponents ( Drizzt for example ).

Comments

• EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    edited March 2013
    I definitely think he should get a portrait. Probably along with some of the other important characters (maybe Duke Eltan, Scar, Angelo, Tazok, Tamoko).

Also, as far as I am aware, Sarevok cannot actually trigger Deathbringer Assault in-game, because he didn't have it in the original. (Though he uses it on Gorion in the new intro).
  • VherdelVherdel Member Posts: 40
    Those would certainly be nice.
    Perhaps even Gorion or Elminster as well.

I know deathbringer assault was added in the Gorion fight, wich is why I think it would be a nice add on for Sarevok in the final battle ( and there only ).

Its a bit weaker than in Bg2:TOB though, hitting 50 damage instead of 200, wich is also why it would'nt be that overpowered for him to have.

Not to mention with the kits and extra spells added in game Sarevok at the least should deserve a boost.
  • StickanStickan Member Posts: 136
    Vherdel said:

Now he's pretty much a pushover compared to some opponents ( Drizzt for example ).

I actually think that the final fight is pretty intense (compared to the other vanilla BGI fights) if you don't cheese it at all: Meaning you get him and all his minions involved at the same time etc, but I agree he could be even tougher. However if Charname went 1 on 1 with him at the end of BGI Sarevok would readily kick his ass all the way to the Abyss. So he's still a more powerful Bhaalspawn than Charname at that point.

I wholeheartedly agree with the portrait as well, he needs to feel as important as he is.
    Stickan said:

Vherdel said:

I actually think that the final fight is pretty intense (compared to the other vanilla BGI fights) if you don't cheese it at all: Meaning you get him and all his minions involved at the same time etc, but I agree he could be even tougher. However if Charname went 1 on 1 with him at the end of BGI Sarevok would readily kick his ass all the way to the Abyss. So he's still a more powerful Bhaalspawn than Charname at that point.

I wholeheartedly agree with the portrait as well, he needs to feel as important as he is.

Use potions of power, oils of speed and strenght boosters on a warrior type and he's able to go on par with Sarevok once you dispelled his haste.
    Potions of invisibility are usefull to hide and heal if needed.

I solo'd the entire group with an assassin, a few backstabs, arrows of dispelling/detonation and poison weapon make the fight quite easy if you just pot up and wear good gear.

I do admit to having put up 2 traps in case needed.
  • StickanStickan Member Posts: 136
    Vherdel said:

Stickan said:

Vherdel said:

Use potions of power, oils of speed and strenght boosters on a warrior type and he's able to go on par with Sarevok once you dispelled his haste.

I solo'd the entire group with an assassin, a few backstabs, arrows of dispelling/detonation and poison weapon make the fight quite easy if you just pot up and wear good gear.

Yes, but I'd still call that cheese (to a degree) in my book. Invis potting to run away and heal when he can't do the same. If Sarevok had the same kind of potions (and I don't see why he wouldn't really) he'd still kick your ass :) But that's not what the thread is about, although with that kind of tactic I don't see how his deathbringer assault would make any difference at all!
    Stickan said:

Vherdel said:

Stickan said:

Vherdel said:

Yes, but I'd still call that cheese (to a degree) in my book. Invis potting to run away and heal when he can't do the same. If Sarevok had the same kind of potions (and I don't see why he wouldn't really) he'd still kick your ass :) But that's not what the thread is about, although with that kind of tactic I don't see how his deathbringer assault would make any difference at all!
    Well, since you stay invisible while you heal its not running away ( agreed he could do with some decent AI or have semaj/angelo cast detect illusions ).
    However, you don't really start healing at the first hit he makes, making deathbringer assault a finisher to the extent that if you don't drink in time, he'd do massive damage, likely killing you.
    If anything, its something to make the tactic work less effective.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    Why make him a new one?

He's got a perfectly usable ToB portrait, just use that.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.