Skip to content

Right-clickable special ability descriptions.

One major problem with Special Abilities is that the description of what they actually do is only avaliable through the kit description (if applicable) or the HLA menu, rather than being easily accessed. So after selecting a High Level Ability you have to keep a mental tab on what it does otherwise you have to consult a website or manual to refresh your memory. While you can simply go into a spellbook and right click the icon to learn about the spell's function.

Currently right clicking a skill or spell in the user interface does nothing. So what I suggest is that when the player right clicks the skill or spell it brings up a description window like it does with the spellbook. With the idea that you can right click it to check what it does and then left click it to select it. Or even be able to bring up the description window and choose 'select' (or 'cancel) to streamline the process.

It's not such a problem with BG:EE since HLAs aren't avaliable but it would still be useful for the various skills and Bhaalspawn powers. For example a non-magic user with Bhaalspawn powers would have to be familiar with the spells to actually know what they do.
NifftErgGrieg

Comments

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    I've already entered such a request into the tracker.
    ErgGrieg
  • MordeusMordeus Member Posts: 460
    Ok cool. Hopefully it comes to fruition.
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    I'll throw in an iPad-extension version of this request.