Skip to content

Talking to new characters

I like the new wild mage you can pick up in Bergost, but there is one thing about her that really annoys me - she only seems to have one battle cry ( "Eat flaming, or possibly frosty, DEATH!") and it gets pretty repetitive after a while since that seems to be all she says.

How about a few more battle cries for her?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I think most characters have about 1-3 lines they yell. The new characters have... one, basically. It would be nice to have their various barks expanded, like having rare selection lines as well for example.
    [Deleted User]ScooterDarksheer
    If you look at the new characters in NearInfinity, the new NPCs have far fewer spoken lines than the old ones, as barks that is - obviously they have far more overall due to all their dialogues being voiced, but you can only hear Dorn telling you it'll be far bloodier than you hoped so much.
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    Agreed, though I only get this with Dorn and things being bloodier than I had hoped.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    No one in BG has more than one battle cry.

It's just more noticeable with Neera, because hers is so long and it starts to grate on you almost immediately.
    Eudaemonium
    I see. Well, that explains it. Neera is simply too obnoxious.
    For you or her? She'd just become Lawful Neutral... if she could even wear helms...
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    Blacksky said:

I like the new wild mage you can pick up in Bergost, but there is one thing about her that really annoys me - she only seems to have one battle cry ( "Eat flaming, or possibly frosty, DEATH!") and it gets pretty repetitive after a while since that seems to be all she says.

How about a few more battle cries for her?

Hers is particularly obnoxious because it's so long, and it's blatantly unlike what a real person would say in that situation. Sure, people correct themselves, but we don't often INTERRUPT ourselves to do so. Usually we APPEND corrections (i.e. we say more stuff at the end). Better would have been something like:

(common) "Eat flaming death!"
    (uncommon) "Eat flaming death! Or maybe FROSTY!"

Now she still tells the joke, but she doesn't tell the same joke every damn time. Telling the same joke over and over stops being funny after ... well, after once, really. After that it's just kind of sad.

Cheers, -- N
    EudaemoniumNeonfisk
  • BlackskyBlacksky Member Posts: 8
    Well, I don't mind the cry, even though it mostly gets said when she is attacking with the sling I gave her, it's really just the repetition.