Skip to content

General modding advice for a complete newcomer please.

MiriCBrownMiriCBrown Member Posts: 32
Okay, so my husband wants in on the baldur's gate experiance in general, but there's a slight problem he tends to whine about from time to time are:

Limits on avalible races to play, he's a big fan of being the monsterious-humanoid races... like gnolls or full blown orcs.

Races and their limitations on classes- like... if an elf is so musical why can't they be a bard, and if they're so intune with nature why can't they be a druid(anymore)?

Limited avalible oh my god armors, items, and weapons- And I cannot find a COMPLETE guide of items and their id codes to quick fix that for him.

The level cap- is kinda a bother for the both of us, I thought going through the black pits was suppose to raise the cap past ten, and I have a difficult time understanding how to do it yourself.

And various other things. If I had the time, I would be okay spending four or five days looking for a real, indepth guide on these things, but unfortunatly, as a house wife, I have to tend to alot of the cleaning, home repairs(which I spend just as much time online looking up how to do it yourself), taking care of the furry ones, and cooking. On top of that I am also his helper on two out of his three jobs, so I barely get anytime in to just play the game, he's got four days off from two of his jobs starting tomorrow, and I want to at the very least get the level cap removed and I read somewhere online that it is possible to mod your own weapons, which should get him all giddy. All I need is for someone to kindly tell me which programs would be a good start, maybe dumb it down for me to an extent, and possibly over the coarse of time answer a couple of emails to kinda help me, help him enjoy the game, since he's kinda use to the freedom of Neverwinter Nights and the previous D&D version, ya know? I understand this is a lot, but I would apperitiate it if someone would be so kind. :3

Comments

• MiriCBrownMiriCBrown Member Posts: 32
    I couldn't get EE Keeper to open actually. I'll try Near Infinity though.
    And it would seem that I can't find the link to download nearinfinity either, it just keeps bouncing me around through a couple of pages about Near Infinty and how I need something else to run it. I'm sorry if I'm missing it, I just started taking Risperidone and Citalopram, so some of the gears in my head might not just be working right. Any other programs that are any good, and I tried IEEP, couldn't get that to open either.
    edited March 2013
    Welp, I had to poke my husband awake to give me a hand finding it, but it appears to have just been a problem with me being colorblind and constantly clicking on what I thought to be the links I needed. I'm sorry, thank you for your assist, all I need to do now is find a guide on what I'm doing wrong to make the improper command thing pop up and I might just feel like I'm comptent for the day.
    Yay! I didn't break my computer when I removed the level cap! Hubby should be happier about that now.
    As for EE Keeper and Near infinty, I cannot get either one of them to open, I can save the programs, but cannot open them and for Near Infinity, I have downloaded everything that should go with it, anyone got any suggestions?
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I do have java that is the weird thing. I can successfully download it, but when I try to open the program, it just says incorrect command line.
    That and I've heard that it's pretty difficult for a newcomer to grasp, let alone a pretty medicated(to the point where I get confused by own thoughts at this point) newcomer who has only ever modded anything in the NWN toolsets, and I don't really count that either. So I'd need a step by step guide for it.
    Good news, finally got the voices to work, yay!
    Pecca said:

However, I get "Incorrect Command Line", for BOTH programs listed above, IEEP, all my stuff is updated, double checked and everything. Does ANYONE know what in the world that even means? Or am I just on my own again? This is more than a tad bit frustrating and defidently overwhelming. ): Again, I have NO knowledge on this stuff, I am NOT a smart person, as a matter of fact, I'm pretty slow to learn, and want to try my hand at it, all I need is a little beginner's assistance and an easy to use program to start with before moving on to more professional stuff, as well as tutorial on the same webpage, for immediate view or for downloading. That last part is preferable. And yes, I have tried searching on my own, I can't get a straight, blunt answer anywhere else aside from S.O.L.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I might have to, but my husband's pretty adament about doing it himself. He's difficult like sometimes.