Skip to content

Dorn's Quest

Dorn's quest *Spoilers*

Recently killed Kryll. Found note that Simmeon will be laying in wait for Dorn before the entrance to Baldur's Gate.
Now, I haven't gone through the pirates in Peldale or the Cloakwood mines yet. Do I have to carry Dorn through all of them before going to Baldur's Gate? Can I go to Baldur's Gate directly? Also, if I drop Dorn from the party, will he be waiting somewhere so I can take up his quest.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    You have to complete Cloakwood. Simmeon is north of Quayle (where you go to the zombie map/Ulgoth's Beard), so you need access to the city/other side of the bridge.
    I think you can park Dorn and pick him up later, but not sure. He'll deliver his line about smelling Simmeon's presence (or something) the first time you enter the bridge map (i.e. doing the Fishermen/Priestess quest), even if you can't get across the bridge. I'd guess that's what triggers Simmeon to actually appear, not having Dorn in the party all the time.
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507
    I think I meant to say that I haven't yet gone through Peldale or the Cloakwood mines. So I guess your joking me. Seriously, though, I really don't want to carry Dorn through such a large part of the game, so I would appreciate some advice about getting his quest over. But there may be some problems with that as I described above.
  • SylphSylph Member Posts: 210
    Dorn waits at the Friendly Arm Inn where you first meet him if dismissed. I imagine you could just pick him up again after you finish the Cloakwood mines and take him to Baldur's Gate, he'd probably be a few levels behind the party at that point though.
    Thanks, everyone, this has been useful.
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    Some plain answers to your questions, @franco:-

No, you don't have to keep Dorn with you.

No, you can't go directly to the city to compete the quest. You must complete the Bandit Camp and Cloakwood sections first, before you can cross the Wyrm's Crossing bridge to gain access to the city.

Yes, you can drop Dorn, then pick him up later (in the FAI) to complete his quest. It doesn't break the quest if you've left him waiting there, I've done it this way and it works.
    francoLoldrup
    Good information Gallowglass.