Skip to content

Label Viconia and the Secret Character as Drow

Despite their unique class characteristics, both Viconia and the Secret Character are described merely as Elves on their character screens.

It's purely aesthetic, but I would prefer to have them referenced (more specifically) as Drow.

I would be interested to hear from community members who either share my feeling on this or feel strongly in the opposite direction for whatever reason.
[Deleted User]Eudaemonium

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    HaHaCharade
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    I agree with this request, but some things to keep in mind:

- If they list Viconia's race as Drow, a lot of folks will ask why not implement Drow racial features (penalties when walking under sunlight, faerie fire, etc.).

- Then, if they do that, people will complain that those features aren't available for player characters via a subrace system.

So one might wonder if it's not better to just leave it as it is. Drow are technically an Elf subrace, so it's not like their descriptions are erroneous.
  • Copastetic1985Copastetic1985 Member Posts: 277
    I think this would be a good idea as well, just to differentiate between the elves with new players. Like @Kilivitz said though, some people will complain about not having their abilities and what not. However, keep in mind that the subraces include Drow which, should be implemented soonish.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    There's already precedent for this, as well as a counter-example.

Haer'Dalis is listed as a tiefling, but if I recall correctly, Aerie is simply listed as an elf.
    kamuizin
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Eudaemonium