Skip to content

Conflicts with new characters?

Do Rasaad, Dorn, Neera, and the Secret Character conflict with any other characters in the game, BG-style (i.e., in the form of intra-party swordfights)?

I know Rasaad and Viconia do a love/hate thing that I hope plays into a redemption/corruption branched plot-line in BG2, but I don't think they fight, and I don't know of any other fights, either, though at least Ajantis/SecretCharacter would make a lot of sense and so forth.

Comments

• DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    Ajantis and Dorn come to blows as soon as you recruit Dorn with Ajantis in your party.
    Haven't gotten anyone else to fight.
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    ^ I've heard recruiting Ajantis into a Dorn-having party doesn't cause problems, though.

Still, nice to remember these little scripted events.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Edwin will leave the party if you recruit Neera (or better: gives you the choice which to keep, him or the gem bag). They won't fight though; works the same as Dorn and Ajantis.
    Kozaro
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    so, whom's the secret character? i have been out of the forum for a while, so can anyone update me on this?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    edited March 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    Post edited by Jalily on
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    shar-teel challenges dorn to a fight

"hey you tall, dark and moronic"
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    I suppose she does have +4 INT on the poor sap.
    [Deleted User]
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited April 2013
    i never got that banter between shar-teel and Dorn (and i already used both in 2 playthrough). I had once one banter where dorn adviced me against a possible treason by shar-teel, but only that.

Yet, by speaking about the blackguard, some events need updates, the demon boy and his ruffie dog on the cloud peak mountains yet does not trigger any banter from Dorn when he's in the party. One of the fews and surely the first contact of the player with the lower planes should at least make Dorn say something.
    Today both Edwin *and* Viconia interjected during one of Dorn's banters. It was pretty neat!

Makes me excited for the BG1NPC mod integration.
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    kamuizin said:

i never got that banter between shar-teel and Dorn (and i already used both in 2 playthrough). I had once one banter where dorn adviced me against a possible treason by shar-teel, but only that.

That seems to be a random conflict with any female in the party. I had seen this banter with Viconia, and some others reported the same with Safana.
    Huh? So Imoen can challenge Dorn to a duel? O.o
  • XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    Its not a duel. Dorn just says something like "hey charname, dont trust this female_party_member_x". That party member takes offense and engages in dialog with both Dorn and PC about Dorn's unappreciative nature and her invaluable contribution to the party.
    Oh, then Shar-Teel's dual challenge scene is just her version of the "don't trust scene" (re: @mjs 's point)?

I had it with Xzar on my playthrough.
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    Xzar said:

That seems to be a random conflict with any female in the party. I had seen this banter with Viconia, and some others reported the same with Safana.

It's not just any female, it's almost anyone who can be in your party (but they are ordered so that if you have a valid target, the ones that come after won't be accused). The only exceptions are Ajantis, Yeslick, and Mr. Spoiler.
    @ Jalily - Does that mean that Dorn trusts Ajantis and Yeslick? :P
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    No, it's because Ajantis and Yeslick leave if you recruit Dorn. Of course, it's really easy to get them all in your party anyway.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I *think* there is a different playout with the accusation if you have Dorn, Shar-Teel and any other female NPC, and point that female NPC out as "talking about Dorn". He'll attack her and Shar-Teel berzerks to defend the female, regardless of alignment.
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    the above share-teel challenging dorn comment isn't related to the dorn/charname banter where charname plays on dorn's suspicions to make him attack someone

shar-teel out of nowhere says "hey you tall dark and moronic, put up your steel" (or something to that effect) and dorn basically comes back with "you're not worth my time"