Skip to content

Pre-generated characters special background and consequences

The game now has an interface that when we select a new game, some pre-generated characters are exposed for a quick choice. If you choose one of those, you can't make many changes on the character (and that's the point actually) and are stuck with a set status total amount count and proficience choices.

To encourage the game replayability, i give the following suggestions:

- Add a nice biography for each of those characters

- Add special background for those characters so some NPCs in the game would react different to them, unlike they would normally do with a pre-generated character, this would make the character:

1° get different banters with some specific NPCs, getting some new information related to D&D maybe (if the devs has this kind of permition)
2° some normally angry NPCs could be more nice to main char and some normally nice NPCs could be more angered at main char.
3° special quests and different item reward in few of the old ones for the pre-generated characters AND the prevention of some old quests to be done by the pre-generated characters (it can't be all flowers and sunshine :)!)

- Special itens (unique ones) that can be only used by them that could be found later on the game. Nothing so special (they don't need even to be magic), they only have to display "only usable by x" and an item history in fact.

- An alignment bonus/penality at the start if needed/possible.

- Specific joinable NPCs refusals for join the party (with an nice new banter to explain why and even maybe a fight after the banter).

So ppl, it's a good idea? Bad one? Should any other suggestion be made? any of the above should not be approved? Please comment, like, agree, dislike and say why, criticize the idea, change the suggestion.
SpaceInvader

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    EudaemoniumKarinonTJ_HookerIecerint
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    Bhaaldog said:

I would not particularly want to replay the game with a pre-made character to experience new content...

Amen. A lot of the fun in this game is crafting your own character, and forcing that option away to experience new content...doesn't sit well with me.

• NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    We have a bunch of pre-crafted characters with special backgrounds already.

They're called NPCs.
    EudaemoniumTJ_HookerIecerint
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Well, it's an addition, a new way of experience BG, we have NPCs... yes... many of them and modded ones too also, we can build our characters... in fact, i like that and i have been doing that for almost 12 years, so a new approach is something so terrible that shoudn't even be take in consideration?
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Well it's pretty much a request for additional content, and why limit that content to pre-generated characters?
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    some games are linear, where you pick an character with a set background, Baldur's Gate is deep far from this game kind. My point is bring a bit of this game develop resource in a more easy way to work it around, while we raise the replayability of the game at the same time that we promove the use of no kit characters (as the pre-generated characters use the basic class).
  • SpaceInvaderSpaceInvader Member Posts: 2,125
    I like your idea.
    But, as it has been said many times before, there are more important things to fix right now.
    Still, in future it would be a nice add!
  • NifftNifft Member Posts: 1,065
    If there were extra "limited access" content, I'd much rather it were based on the class, race, sex, or alignment of CHARNAME. Those are things which will apply to the pre-gens and the "me-gens" equally.

For example, there was one set of speeches in IWD2 which were only available if your party leader was a female half-orc. It was really cool to see that degree of thought put into party composition.
    TJ_HookerIecerint