Skip to content

Removing Cursed Items

Just finished the Rogue Ogre quest, but, not being a cautious type, I put the Girdle of Masclunity/Femininity on my main character. Is there any way I can easily take it off?

Comments

• atcDaveatcDave Member Posts: 2,142
    Visit any temple and have them remove the curse. Later, you will be able to do it yourself (3rd level spell), but early on you need the temple.
    SirHablesSCARY_WIZARD
  • SirHablesSirHables Member Posts: 10
    @atcDave what is that spell called, and what class can it be used by?
  • IkMarcIkMarc Member Posts: 552
    SirHables said:

You might not expect it but the name of the spell is "Remove Curse".

Class is Cleric, or Wizard for level 4 spell.
    SirHablesatcDave
    SirHables said:

As IkMark indicated, there is both a Cleric and Mage version of Remove Curse. A lot of common spells are like that (like a lot of the "detect" or "protection from" type spells) with both Cleric and mage versions. Sometimes they'll even be a little different on things like range, duration or casting time.

And I'm not sure how much of this you've figured out yet, but the word "level" is used in several very different ways. So a 3rd level spell can be used by 5th level cleric, while the 4th level spell is usable by a 7th level mage (or 10th level Bard).
    SirHablesIkMarc
  • SirHablesSirHables Member Posts: 10
    @atcDave You go up a spell level every other experience level, am I right?
    SirHables said:

More or less. Higher level spells and some character classes are different. So 7th level spells show up when you hit 14th level (that won't be until the next game). And spell casting classes that are less specialized get spells later; like Bards (who run a little behind) to Rangers and Paladins (who run a lot behind).
    TJ_Hooker
  • PawnSlayerPawnSlayer Member Posts: 295
    SirHables said:

See this link: http://playithardcore.com/pihwiki/index.php?title=Baldur's_Gate:_Progression_Charts
    TJ_HookerIkMarc
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited March 2013
    Nevermind.