Skip to content

Regarding Traps

bill_zagoudisbill_zagoudis Member Posts: 207
edited April 2013 in Archive (Feature Requests)
As the title suggests i'd love to see a limit on the amount of traps that can be used against a specific group of enemies so either:

a)make traps despawn upon resting(8hrs)
b)set a trap limit equal to the number of traps the rogue can set per day

option a is more a better choice imo

sorry to spoil your cheese

ps: ofc i'm reffering to traps players can set and not the ones found in dungeons
Post edited by bill_zagoudis on

Comments

• GawdzillaGawdzilla Member Posts: 86
    Traps don't have expiration dates. Overall, that's a good thing.

I gather this is about player-laid traps, and a thief's ability to lay all his traps, rest and lay more ad infinitum. I agree that's cheese (I don't do it for role-playing reasons, because I don't want to camp for several days in a dungeon just to layer the ground with traps), but...

If traps evaporated after a day or so, there goes half the menace of a place like Durlag's Tower. Those rusty, nasty traps waiting a 100 years for a careless foot are part of the atmosphere.

Of course not every traps made has to last eternity; probably most crumble or disintegrate eventually, and the Party strolls right over it none the wiser.

But the best traps should last, and if a skilled thief wants to (I'd say waste time to) lay the ground with traps, go for it.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    Isn't there already a limit on how many traps you can set?
  • bill_zagoudisbill_zagoudis Member Posts: 207
    edited April 2013
    ehm,i was refering to traps players can set,if the dungeon traps expired in 8 hrs they would have expired all over the globe the 1st time you rested....

and as far as i know you can set at least 10 traps even at lvl 1(see Drizzt level 1 solo kills for instance),that's not a real limit because it's overkill anyways(maybe you can even go above 10 no idea if possible)
  • mjsmjs Member Posts: 742
    i think in bg2 7 is the limit?

also was there a reason the "thrown" special traps for the bounty hunter was replaced to a "lay at feet" syle trap?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.