Skip to content

BG1 pre-order the collector's pack?

ZaccaroZaccaro Member Posts: 39
So, I was paranoidly wondering if there is ANY chance I could preo-order the collector's pack? Also since I live in Finland, does that somehow exclude me from getting my greedy greasy disgusting hands on the collectors pack? Do we get a headstart in any way or will we even need one?

Comments

• ElectricMonkElectricMonk Member Posts: 599
    There is currently no collector's pack for BG:EE. The idea for a collector's edition is being considered, and is currently in "limbo" between the dev team and Atari and WoTC, so it will likely be some time before some sort of physical copy of BG:EE is even made. As for whether or not it would be available in Finland once it is made, I have no clue, but I don't see why they would restrict their market, so my guess would be yes.
  • ZaccaroZaccaro Member Posts: 39
    Thanks @jaysl659 I do jump too far ahead but can't really contain myself. I loved the first one so much we bought the bg2 collector's edition when it came out. I still remember how much I joy I had when I saw even the company logos at the first moment I started the second one. :D Heh, sadly I can't recall the same anticipation for the first one. Might be that I had no expectations then.
  • TulimyrskyTulimyrsky Member Posts: 17
    Even if it won't be sold locally in Suomi, it's possible you could just import it anyway depending on which retailer you get it from. I'm hoping if there is a collector's edition, Australia also won't be excluded from it.

Ja hei, minä rakastan Suomi ja Suomean :D hyvääpäivää
  • DalsdDalsd Member Posts: 11
    Collector's edition is something I'd be definately getting. Minituares from the main NPCs which you could use on your own pen & paper adventures would be something really awesome.
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    There's already a collector's edition boxset brainstorming thread:
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/204/limited-edition-boxed-set-ideas-and-brainstorming/p1

It's got all the various requests for content, from the conventional to the more eccentric. Boo plushies are next year's most desirable accessory for the adventurer-about-town.
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I generally buy the CE of games. I'm a fan of extra goodies and am willing to pay for it.
  • TrentOsterTrentOster Administrator, Developer Posts: 433
    We're currently stalled on boxed copy discussions. Since it took me 14 months to do the original deal, this could take a while.

-Trent
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,527
    @TrentOster - actually, since the original deal is already in place and the boxed edition is clearly in demand, this deal should be easier and quicker =D