Skip to content

Text problem with the last update and scs/rr

darkkhainedarkkhaine Member Posts: 15
I have installed sword coast stratagem (v.23) and rogue rebalancing (v.4.6), and, with the last update from beamdog, i can select one of the 5 new kits but the description and titles don't display anymore. Also, at the begining of candlekeep, the dialog wich allows to skip the tutorial don't display correctly.

Does anyone have this problem as well and know how to solve it ?

Comments

• ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    If you've downloaded the last update from Beamdog after installing the mods, you'll have to reinstall the mods. Just run their setup again.
  • darkkhainedarkkhaine Member Posts: 15
    In fact, i just did a complete reinstall today of bgee, and i installed these 2 mods after updating the mods. Am i the only one to have this problem ?
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    I use both as well, and the kits and descriptions are there for me.

I cannot comment on the skipping part because I never install that component.

What order do you install them? If I remember correctly SCS has to be installed last, after RR, but that may be unrelated.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    edited April 2013
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
    The scs readme says rogue rebalacing can be installed after scs, so that's why i installed these mods in this order.
    I'm re-installing baldur's gate right now to see if it can solve this issue.
  • zenblackzenblack Member Posts: 100
    edited April 2013
    You need to install RR before SCS. As it stands install every other mod before SCS. Though you may want to note that SCS is still in beta and isn't fully functional as yet and does have some bugs or parts that are not working as intended.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    I did a reinstall and this time used my native language (french), there's still some text missing (the beginning of some sentences is missing sometimes for items name)
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    @darkkhaine, if you missing parts of texts in French, and the texts stop where they would normally be a special character (càé...), it's because of incompatible character encoding for BGEE.
    For a workaround, I suggest you apply what's explained there (in French).