Skip to content

Baldur's Gate wikia

23dutch45man23dutch45man Member Posts: 11
edited April 2013 in Off-Topic
Hello, I am 23dutch45man or call me dutchman and I am an adminstrator of the Baldur's Gate Game Wikia with this url: http://baldursgategame.wikia.com/wiki/Baldurs_Gate_Wiki.
If this post is against any rules, code of ethics or if it's posted in the wrong category, please notify me. I am not familiar with this forum. I have read the rules of conduct, but they don't have any statements about using this forum to promote other websites related to Baldur's Gate.

The wikia I represent is a wikia about the video game of Baldur's Gate (1998) and the enhanced edition, and the short term goal is to make a complete database with accurate information about the original and the enhanced edition of Baldur's Gate, but the long-term goal is to become a wikia for all video games bearing the title of Baldur's Gate, which means the Dark Alliance Serie and also Baldur's Gate II and the future released Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition.

At the moment the wikia is in Beta phase, we are adding more pages about the games and improve the structure of the wikia. Currently, the wikia is focused on Baldur's Gate, but this will change. I am aware of the other Baldur's Gate wikia and it's current position. We will merge with this wiki in the future, but when this merge is completed is unknown.

We are looking for people who are willing to contribute to this wikia, your experience with wikia's doesn't matter, if you have good intentions in mind, you're welcome.

Anyone who might be interested, or if you have questions, make a post here, at my message wall, my talk page at the Baldur's Gate Game wikia or visit the Baldur's Gate Game wikia. I will try to look at this forum and my message wall here every 48 hours.

Many thanks,

Comments

• 23dutch45man23dutch45man Member Posts: 11
    The two existing baldur's gate wiki's have been merged and the baldur's gate wiki uses the url of the older wiki: http://baldursgate.wikia.com/wiki/Baldurs_Gate_Wiki. The other link still works, it's only a redirection.

The wiki's goal is to be the most accurate and complete source of information for the original games and the enhanced editions as well.

The wiki doesn't have much information about Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition yet =( , because I am still playing Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn with the Throne of Bhaal expansion pack =)

Information you have about any subject in the enchanced Baldur's Gate is welcome!
  • TeflonTeflon Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 515
    Good.
    There is still a lot to do before the Baldur's Gate wiki is finished, but it has 1275 pages around now and the forums are open. We are improving our existing pages and the wikia grows easily with at least 50 pages each month.
    The wiki has a lot of pages about Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II, but we are missing a lot from the other games, so we appreciate any information about the other games and Baldur's Gate and Baldur's Gate II as well.
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    I'll gladly help out.

I'll gladly help out.

Thanks!

• elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Looking good :)
  • comebackhomecomebackhome Member Posts: 254
    Just added to favorites, keep up the good work :)
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    I went to add some info and went to editor and it says "loading editor" forever. Just me?
    I think it's just you. The editor loads as it should be when I tried to make an edit.
    The Baldur's Gate wiki has more than 1500 pages, we have more than 600 pages about items, 300+ about spells and about 150+ about characters and other subjects, such as classes. We are collecting more information each day, but there is still a lot to do.

You can always help this wiki by adding more information to existing pages, create new pages and upload pictures, or some small things like correcting spelling or adding categories.