Skip to content

[Weapon MOD] Magic Staff (W.I.P.)

MikeMike Member Posts: 65
edited April 2013 in General Modding
Renny Bingles' Last Resort:
This staff was created by an eccentric gnome by the name of Renny Bingles. After many a year traveling with various adventuring groups and honing his magical skills as an illusionist Renny discovered the importance of a good staff. It was magically crafted with one specific purpose in mind - a last resort to stay alive.
______________________________________________________________________________________
STATISTICS:

Staff pulses blue with red quillons as a result of being imbued with magic.

Combat Abilities:
When wielders health < 25% there is a 50% chance that the last attacker will be petrified.

THAC0: +3
Damage: 1d6+3 (crushing)
Speed Factor: 2
Proficiency Type: Quarterstaff
Type: Two-handed
Requires:
5 Strength

Weight: 3
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Looking for thoughts on this. Should I give it certain amount of charges per day or is it ok the way it is?

My original goal was to make it so when the wielders health was < 10% to teleport out of the area of danger leaving behind an explosion, but as it turns out when I used the OP code [232] - (cast on condition) if your health stays at <10% then you cast the spell in an indefinite loop until healed. Anyway, I ended up with this. Thanks for feedback.
Post edited by Mike on

Comments

• PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,175
    edited April 2013
    Mike said:

My original goal was to make it so when the wielders health was < 10% to teleport out of the area of danger leaving behind an explosion, but as it turns out when I used the OP code [232] - (cast on condition) if your health stays at <10% then you cast the spell in an indefinite loop until healed. Anyway, I ended up with this. Thanks for feedback.</p>

I like this idea. Try to experiment with immunity to effect (101), effect: teleport, timing: delay(after first)/limited(some propriate amount of time. This way the mage should be teleported when he's got under 10% hit points only once per some period of time.
  • MikeMike Member Posts: 65
    @Pecca

Here is what I have so far that is yet to be tested.

While equiped cast dimension door on caster if health is less than 25%

Immunity to dimension door for a delayed duration of 60

I wish I knew if the delay was in real seconds or rounds or game time or what? Also what does the [Trigger] timing do?
    edited April 2013
    **EDIT**

Ok the problem with dimension door is that normally it casts/teleports you to wear you point the spell. Problem with casting it on condition is that I only have a few options of where to actually put my charname - self (which is pointless), nearest enemy(which is just as pointless), Anyone around(could be pointless).
    Post edited by Mike on
    Duration is in real seconds I think, with 6 being one round, so it should work with delayed duration of 6. As for spells on condition, yeah it's a pain, as it seems to be only programmed for the contingency spell. But it still might be possible to circumvent it somehow. I'll look into it when I have some time.
    Mike
    edited April 2013
    So it is possible by using effect teleport field (222) instead of teleport. Target: self, range: custom. Caster will teleport randomly within the range of the effect (and only once). This should be close to what you need.
    Mike
    edited April 2013
    Thank you I will look into this .

Edit: after looking at this I have changed the condition spell reference to teleport field and the target to caster at < 25% health left and duration at 60. This should work?
    Post edited by Mike on
    It should work, but obviously you need to test it. The effect works as usual spell but I haven't tried it as cast on condition, so there might be again the issue with the infinite loop. As for the duration I'm little lost here because the spell teleport field (which I used for testing) has duration 1 turn, but the effect in the spell file is permanent (which makes no sense).

Another problem with teleport field effect is that target is teleported randomly *within* the range of the spell, which may cause that he will not teleport very far from the original location. But anyway I think that this is as close as you can get with the original idea.
    Hey thanks for the idea Pecca. I tested it and even though I specified the caster as the target, it still teleported the field. Also I learned that if you use the Cast on Condition OP code that duration becomes N/A.

I will keep messing with this though.