Skip to content

Path finding – keep close to leader

James_MJames_M Member Posts: 140
Path finding is generally fine, except for very narrow areas such as Firewine Ruins and around the Circus Tent in the Circus dungeon in the Promenade. (Often using the “single line” party formation helps, but do people change formation after finding a favourite?) In such an area, the coding to select the path could be improved with something like: if Path is greater than 4x “as the crow flies” path, then abort Path and walk towards or keep close to party leader.

from other site:

[–]Boaster 1 point 1 month ago

That reminds me. Some of the party formations are nice, but what if I just want my party to follow in a line? It seems that option is only available for multiplayer or something. Maybe I'm mistaken.

But yes, I generally do agree. Path finding should be a little bit better. I have noticed that in BG2 and BG Tutu that even if there is a sliver of black unexplored area on the map, the character will only go the "known" path.

Better/smarter pathfinding in general.

[–]theacefes 1 point 1 month ago

To add to this, is it possible to tweak the NPC AI so that if they are in the PC's way, they can move out of the way or at least not just stand there?

[–]kaikiai 1 point 29 days ago

I could be wrong, but aren't NPC's moving out of way unless you are infight?

[–]theacefes 1 point 26 days ago

Sometimes if you have a full party and you are say, backed into a corner, you have to use the console keys to get out of that bind or click a lot until you get lucky.

[–]Bhryaen 1 point 1 month ago

For sure Trent has mentioned that they're working on the pathfinding issue, but every update has been a bit of a "still working on it..."