Skip to content

Please put more effort in BG II EE.

First of all i have to say that i m a little dissapointed by the EE. The new cinematics totally suck. They just dont add that ''dark medieval'' feeling like the old ones. Also that blue menu seems too cartoonish to me. The original was better. Many bugs are removed but some really annoying are still there. Also the new party members totally suck(except Dorn). Neera is more annoying than Imoen with her childish attitude. Rasaad is weak and annoying too. I only like Dorn coz he s like a second version of Sarevok.
I know that we are all with different opinions but i personaly liked the old BG more so i ll kindly ask:please put more effort in BG II EE.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • LuigirulesLuigirules Member Posts: 419
    At the risk of sounding rude, you clearly don't realize how much effort went into this game.
  • IecerintIecerint Member Posts: 431
    I think it's fair to infer that BGEE was a little bit of a test-run for BG2EE. Lots of boring nuts-and-bolts work happened this time that should be quick-and-painless next time.

I agree with OP about Dorn being awesome and Neera being annoying (though I'm sure Neera has her fans; I might like her more if I was playing a Chaotic Good PC). Rasaad was OK as far as the story went once you started doing his quest, but it's hard to love someone who doesn't bring anything to the table gameplay-wise.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    In other words, the title of this thread should be "please put more effort in making BGII:EE appeal to me".

Sorry you didn't like the new version of the game.
  • BaxyrattyBaxyratty Member Posts: 190
    Yo dog i heard you don't like BG....So we put some BG in your BG so you can complain while you complain

in other words, tell them what they could do better don't just go "this sucks do better". that helps no one
    He's pretty clear AFAICT. He dislikes the new cinematics, menus, and characters, with the exception of Dorn. I think these are pretty non-controversial complaints tbh, if expressed in a somewhat grumpy fashion, but it's maybe missing the forest for the trees.

Not sure what "blue menus" means, though.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited April 2013
    Iecerint said:

Not sure what "blue menus" means, though.

The "stone" parts of the BG:EE GUI are blue-tinged, whereas in the original they were grey. I don't know what's "cartoonish" about it, but it's been brought up at least a couple times before, I think back when screenshots starting getting released, and/or at launch.
    Post edited by TJ_Hooker on
    edited April 2013
    Hmm, I never noticed it. Looks fine to me.

EDIT: Seems like it'd be trivial to add a "click here to use classic, uglier GUI" option, unless it would have to be upscaled first or something.
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    Translation of 'put more effort' is --> regardless of how much effort, make it match the OP's desires.

I agree with some of the OP's thoughts, but realize that this isn't a game created to cater to me, personally. The one thing I really wish would be fixed/enhanced has entire threads and near unanimous agreement (the bow to shield/weapon functionality of, say, IWD). Everything else is take it or leave it, insofar as I'm concerned.