Skip to content

Mod request: Friendly starting party with any of the NPCs

JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
I've played through the game a couple times and would like to try different characters, but half of the NPCs require you to jump through a bunch of hoops simply to get to them, let alone keep them. If it's not too much of a pain, would anyone be willing to make mods for BG and BGII where a player can recruit and keep any and all of the NPCs without all of the unneeded drama? Thank you.

Comments

• TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    edited April 2013
    The BG2 Tweak Pack mod has 2 components that would be of interest to you. The "Happy Patch" compenent makes it so NPCs will never leave due to reputation. The "NPCs Don't Fight" component does exactly what it sounds like, removing possibility of party members coming to blows.
  • JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
    Thanks for that suggestion. Does the Always Happy option also keep members from attacking others and leaving due to reputation or is it just for Happy comments?

I did a bit of digging and there is a mod or two that repositions a couple of the NPCs to better areas, but I'm hoping someone would be willing to make one that moves all of the NPCs to the Friendly Arm Inn and removes triggers that they leave soon after getting them into party if you don't immediately do their quests.
  • IrbisIrbis Member Posts: 49
    well you can always CLUEConsole them even in the middle of Candlekeep &recruit
  • JidokwonJidokwon Member Posts: 395
    I'll give it another go, but it crashed my game the last few times I tried this. I forget if that was GOG version or EE though.