Skip to content

Feature for iPad 1: Option to deactivate cinematics

doenerdoener Member Posts: 18
edited April 2013 in iPad (Archive)
It would be great if you could add an option to deactivate the cinematics in BG:EE - because they are crash reason #1 on the iPad 1.

Crash reason #2 - at least in my expierence - is when I change the scene with the party.

Best,

Stephan

Comments

• CodebakerCodebaker Member Posts: 23
    As far I see, it is the same basic reason. The client uses too much memory so there is not enough left when the system needs to display the video or the client switches the area.
    Not sure if this is solvable. The AV Player can stream videos from the filesystem to reduce memory need, but this is actually common practice. And you can of course use the filesystem as memory, serializing ready to use objects on a cache and fetch them when needed and you can trace in performance for memory. Means you load only what you display and what you need to calculate.
    Do the npcs roam? If not, you don't need to have the entire map loaded. (Just wild guesses)

Its excellent work to get the App run on that device so far, but I would rather suggest you to sell that iPad on eBay while you can and get a iPad mini or similar. Even a iPad 2 would be a decent upgrade that will last a wile.
  • doenerdoener Member Posts: 18
    Hi Codebaker, thanks four your thoughts!

I'm waiting for the iPad mini with Retina display - because this would the perfect device for my needs. I hope it will be there soon.