Skip to content

Mods install, don't work in game.

BladesBlades Member Posts: 167
I added the following mods. Seemed to install ok. Nothing seems to be working in game. I followed the guidelines here to setup your BGEE game for mods. Seemed simple enough. Can anyone here help?

Kitpack - After install, instead of additional Kit listings, I get dialogue popping up in place of the kits choices at character creation. You can actually choose the dialogue as the kit, but once the game starts, the character kit listed in game still shows the dialogue stream instead of kit name. Also listed incorrect class. Something is screwy...

Valerie - Valerie appears in game, but when you initiate the initial conversation, the dialogues choices are scrambled, making the the conversation nonsensical.

Magarita - Haven't got far enough into the game to check yet...

BGeeAR - Dwarf Merchant doesn't appear in game. Should be at FAI, correct?

BGeeW - Can't install. Errors out every attempt. See below..

This is a non-stable version. Unless you'
er downgrading.
[C:\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\0
tyle "BG2"

Install Component [TeamBG's Weapons Pack
[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit? i

Installing [TeamBG's Weapons Pack for BG:

BG:EE install detected
Copying 1 file ...
ERROR: error loading [BGeeW/bams/]
Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [TeamBG's Weapons Pack f
olling back to previous state
Will uninstall 0 files for [SETUP-BGEEW
Uninstalled 0 files for [SETUP-BGEEW
ERROR: Unix.Unix_error(20, "stat", "BGeeW
PLEASE email the file SETUP-BGEEW.DEBUG t
g"

Install Component [TeamBG's Weapons Pack
[I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?

My Weidu log is as follows....

// Log of Currently Installed WeiDU Mods
// The top of the file is the 'oldest' mod
// ~TP2_File~ #language_number #component_number // [Subcomponent Name -> ] Component Name [ : Version]
~MARGARITA/SETUP-MARGARITA.TP2~ #0 #0 // Margarita for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition
~SETUP-BGEEAR.TP2~ #0 #0 // TeamBG's Armors for BG:EE, BGT and TuTu Version 1.01
~VALERIE/VALERIE.TP2~ #0 #0 // Valerie NPC Mod for BG1 Tutu: v1.1
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #2 // Update default Helm kit? (BG:EE)
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #4 // Update default Lathander kit? (BG:EE)
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #6 // Update default Talos kit? (BG:EE)
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #7 // Mystra
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #8 // Kelemvor
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #9 // Tempus
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #10 // Selune
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #11 // Shar
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #12 // Auril
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #13 // Cyric
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #14 // Technician
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #15 // Shadowstalker
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #16 // Scout
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #17 // Hivemaster
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #18 // Shadow Druid
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #19 // Dervish
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #20 // Slingmaster
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #21 // Stalwart
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #22 // Flametouched
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #23 // Frostwielder
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #25 // Improved Wizard Slayer? (BG:EE)
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #26 // Mindwarden
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #27 // Purple Dragon Knight
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #28 // Flagellant
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #29 // Catholicon
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #30 // Convert Viconia to a Nightcloak of Shar?
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #31 // Convert Branwen to a Battleguard of Tempus?
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #32 // Convert Tiax to a Strifebringer of Cyric?
~KITPACK.TP2~ #0 #33 // Convert Faldorn to a Shadow Druid?

Comments

• LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Did you install each mod according to the instructions in the readme exactly?

Did you start a new game after installing the mods?
  • BladesBlades Member Posts: 167
    I started a new game after the mods. Yes, I followed the readme. Not sure what is scrambling everything. Is there a Install order similar to BG2 modding? Should kitpack be last? Or anything of that nature?
    Everything installs to BGEE/Data/0766 correct? I installed the game originally via Beamdog client as a pre-order. It played fine prior to modding.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Are you running the exe under Program Files\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\Data\00766\baldur.exe?

If that's where the mods are installed, then running the game through the Beamdog client will run the unmodded version you installed with the Beamdog client.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438

I'd say run the mods again, in reverse order (excluding the weapon pack of course) and uninstall each one. Hopefully that should give you a clean slate; then try the installation again (in this order: Valerie, Margarita, kit pack, armor pack).

I think you may be able to just click the "repair install" button in the game launcher in order to start with a clean install.
    edited April 2013
    Aosaw,

I installed the Game to C:\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition not under Program Files. I run Win7. No worries there. I launch the game from the Beamdog Client on my desktop. I also tried launching from heh game folder, but rec'd the same issues.

subtledoctor,

So I uninstalled everything. The game looks fine. I installed the Kitpack again with no other mods and the same issue pops up.

TJ_Hooker,

Where is the repair install icon/button? I can't find it anywhere....

(EDIT) Nevermind, found teh repair install in the lower righthand corner of the launcher. Running repair install now. Then I will remod. I'll post he results.

Thanks for everyone's helpful ideas. I really appreciate it.
    uninstalled all mods. Ran Repair install. Installed only the Kitpack. Tried to create a Cleric. The Kits were not there, but instead it stated Missing String (#32279), etc.. each kit has a different Missing String # listed in it's place for all the various Kits the mod adds. All original content kits are listed as are the newest, ex Dragon Disciple..
    Got it to work! I uninstalled all mods. Repair the install via the Beamdog client. Re-setup the dialog.tlk file to read the en_Us file as per the instructions on this site to enable mods. Reinstalled kitpack and I am in business!