Skip to content

Modding with the Steam Version?

mforwwmforww Member Posts: 78
edited April 2013 in General Modding
Hey all,

I've tried modding the BG:EE (steam version) and I'm having some serious difficulty. I've copied the dialog.tlk file into the main directory and made a hard link using "mklink /H dialog.tlk .\lang\en_US\dialog.tlk" but I still can't install SCS (I get an error message). Any ideas as to what I might be doing wrong?

Specifically, after I try to install the command prompt says "ERROR: sys-error("override: invalid argument")

Comments

• mforwwmforww Member Posts: 78
    Also, I just want to point out that in the general instructions (which I've read several times now) there are a lot of references to a data\00766 folder which doesn't appear to exist in the Steam version. What's that about?
  • CorianderCoriander Member Posts: 1,667
    That's the directory that Beamdog installs BGEE in.
    Coriander said:

Right, so what about the Steam version?
  • TJ_HookerTJ_Hooker Member Posts: 2,438
    mforww said:

Coriander said:

Right, so what about the Steam version?
    Right click on BG:EE in your Steam library, click Properties, go to the Local Files tab and then click Browse Local Files. It should open up the BG:EE installation folder.
    Hmm yeah, I had the proper folder in that case. That's where the chitin.key is and that's where I did the hardlink (so there's now a dialog.tlk file in there) and that's where I tried to install the mods. I'm not sure what's going wrong here...
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    mforww said:

the command prompt says "ERROR: sys-error("override: invalid argument")

Check if there is an override folder in your main BGEE folder (the one with chitin.key). If not, create a new folder and rename it "override", then try to install the mod again.
    Worked! I guess I missed those directions somewhere along the line