Skip to content

Man Of Steel (2013)

ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=bMPlzxQMWb4

Nah don't worry. Only nineties antiheroes fans and the more cynical otakus rejects you Supes.

Comments

• KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    Looks good so far. I hope it'll be better than Superman Returns.
  • Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    I'm looking forward to this, too. I hope it won't disappoint.

Does anyone else the remember the crappiness of Superman III?
    Had one bit that scared the bejeezus out of me as a kid... prize for guessing which part.:D
  • karnor00karnor00 Member Posts: 680

Does anyone else the remember the crappiness of Superman III?

To be honest it was a masterpiece compared to Superman Returns.

• Magnus_GrelichMagnus_Grelich Member Posts: 361
    @karno00: Well, let's call it a draw.:D
  • RedGuardRedGuard Member Posts: 672
    This one does look good. I'm hoping for it to be good because Returns was a big let down.
    I always thought Superman Returns was a very good-looking movie with a stupid script.

This trailer makes Superman Returns LOOK stupid in comparison.

If it turns out to be a crap movie I'll be really disappointed. My expectations are really high now.
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566
    Aye, that does look good!

It does raise the question; if Clark Kent is the young boy in the trailer running around with a red 'cape', where did he get the inspiration for a cape? With Superman being THE superhero, a Supermanless world probably has no idea about capes and superhero's! Imagine that!
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    edited April 2013
    * It looks like Clark will save a school bus that goes into a river
    * Later Clark will save dudes on an exploding oil rig or something.
    * Clark will grow a beard and dance to some disco tunes in an emo phase, only to later purchase a gillette tri-blade kryptonite razor and shave his beard.

Possible reeanctment (potential spoiler)

But seriously, I can't wait, looks good.

edit: been thinking more about it... how does superman cut his hair, toenails, and beard? Supposedly he can take a bullet to the eyeball as in Superman Returns. I guess he must have an entire kryptonite grooming kit or something

In the comics, he shaves using his optical blast against a piece of special metal or whatever that reflects it. I'm not entirely sure.
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    So if dirt or blood sticks to his body and he tries to wash it off, does the dirt never come off except if some liquid kryptonite gets on him?

:P
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    In all seriousness however, I'm looking more forward to this than I was with The Dark Knight Rises. While it was still very good and I loved it immensely, Man of Steel could be jaw dropping. Though the previous Superman movies were not that good...
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    @Wiggles I'm actually looking forward to it as well. I think Star Trek into Darkness will be good as well