Skip to content

Moral: Fleeing/Running away npc fix ?

a character of mine is fleeing (from battle had 1 hit-point left) and will not stop how do I fix this?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • CamDawgCamDawg Member, Developer Posts: 3,438
    Healing woulds can help prevent it, but I believe that once it's been triggered morale failure simply has to run its course. It can be 'cured' by something like Remove Fear, Emotion, Resist Fear, or Greater Restoration.

Morale failure, IIRC, is a combination of factors. Every NPC has a base morale score (Khalid's is very low) and racking up a lot of injuries in a short amount of time or party members dying both reduce it--at 0, morale failure happens. It slowly moves back up over time, back to the max set in the NPC's file. I've also seen players claim that Player1's charisma has an effect but I don't think that's ever been verified.
    [Deleted User]franco
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,675
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    Cleric remove fear did nothing. I had Khalid fail on the ankheg map, and Viconia cast Remove Fear. Didn't stop him from running around (and into the next ankheg). It's hard enough to catch an NPC with the spell, but I'm fairly sure it got him before getting killed. Does only the arcane Resist Fear cure it?
    It should reset morale, yeah--if he was hit by the spell he should have a 'resist fear' portrait icon.
    He had *some* icon. It was hard to see before he ran into certain death. Does "panic" also add an icon or does it just make the circle/portrait outline yellow?
    Yeah, morale failure and panic have icons.
    KidCarnival
  • Oxford_GuyOxford_Guy Member Posts: 3,729
    If you have a Bard (default or Blade) singing removes fear over time
    Ah, then I guess the spell didn't catch him after all. I usually don't have Khalid in my parties and high charisma charnames, so I very rarely see that failure.
  • francofranco Member Posts: 507

Cleric remove fear did nothing. I had Khalid fail on the ankheg map, and Viconia cast Remove Fear. Didn't stop him from running around (and into the next ankheg). It's hard enough to catch an NPC with the spell, but I'm fairly sure it got him before getting killed. Does only the arcane Resist Fear cure it?

It sounds like there's a question of whether Viconia's Remove Fear spell actually got to Khalid. So we can't completely reach a conclusion about what happened. If the spell did reach him, there may be the possibility that he was hit by a different spell from opponents like "Rigid Thinking"? In that case maybe only "Dispel Magic" could have helped him.
  • Nitram_Vi_HermanniaNitram_Vi_Hermannia Member Posts: 64
    Tried sleep already? :D And by sleep I don't mean mage spell.
    franco said:

It sounds like there's a question of whether Viconia's Remove Fear spell actually got to Khalid. So we can't completely reach a conclusion about what happened. If the spell did reach him, there may be the possibility that he was hit by a different spell from opponents like "Rigid Thinking"? In that case maybe only "Dispel Magic" could have helped him.
    Who would have been able to cast anything on the ankheg map, in a fight against ankhegs...? I'm pretty sure Viconia was just too far away to hit him; it's the only logical thing that could have happened.
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    Khalid is a wuss.
    KidCarnivalMalicron