Skip to content

BG2 spells in BG:EE?

KalabacKalabac Member Posts: 12
Any mods just to add the BG2/ToB spells?

Comments

• KalabacKalabac Member Posts: 12
    I thought this was a feature of the mod. So, how can I mod the game to include all the BG2 spells? Since it used the BG2 engine anyway.
  • sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    you could use shadow keeper mayhaps? I know that shadow keeper has all the spells
  • MenocuMenocu Member Posts: 7
    The Sword Coast Strategems mod by DavidW will add the BG2 spells that apply for the levels relevant for BG1. And it is even in a beta-workable state for BG:EE. Check it out at the Gibberlings 3 website.
  • IrbisIrbis Member Posts: 49
    Most if not all of the spells are already in game. You just cant access them due to XP Cap.
    The thing needed is a spot where those could be bought as scrolls.

One exception from above are Limited Wish and Wish spells which are strongly dialog based and the needed dialogs are missing in BGEE making both spells broken. Then again - you arent supposed to use it so no ones to blame.
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Yes I noticed that, Wish spells do not work due to dialogue issues. However, other spells work normally. I took their scroll files from BG2 game and added them to a few places in my game, and they work. Nothing big, just for the kicks of trying to cast them with a wild mage. It's fun.