Skip to content

access to higher level BG2 spells

I cannot spawn them in the mod from console. Any help?

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    There are no scrolls for lvl 6 and upper spells. Only a sorcerer can get them, if you have xp cap removed and get enough xp to level that high.

I got the scrolls for some higher level spells from my BGT game, I just copied their item files into my Bg:EE game. Their text was funky, I edited them with DLTCEP and set them to spell's descriptions. Spells are there, just scrolls are absent.

I then put a few those scrolls in hard to reach places in game. So my wild mage has Disintegrate in his spell book, he won't be able to cast it in BG:EE, but can try with Nahal's reckless dweomer. It was fantastic when I got Wild Surge:NO SAVE! and bamm there went the troublesome Greater Wolfwere. lol
  • KalabacKalabac Member Posts: 12
    can you link me to a download with all the item files for the spells?
    edited April 2013
    bump
    Post edited by Kalabac on
  • lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Umm, that files are from a BG2 game I own, so if you have BG2 game you can transfer them to BG:EE easily. Or, since spell files are in BG:EE allready, you can create the scrolls you want from scratch with a game editor like DLTCEP. Look into an existing scroll for a spell, copy its effect of learning spell, create a new scroll, paste that effect you copied and just change the target spell's file name to spell you want.

I am not sure if there is an existing mod that puts high level scrolls into game for BG:EE, it would be relatively easy, infact so much easier than that HLA mod that exists. You may request a mod for this.

I have the files ofcourse, but I am away from home right now and for the weekend, probably.
  • PeccaPecca Member Posts: 2,185
    Since those spells exist in EE, you can console them with CLUAConsole:AddSpell("spwiXXX") command, which will make them instantly memorized.
    thanks. Do you know where I can find BG2 spell codes? I can only find the spells for BG1
  • ErgErg Member Posts: 1,756
    Kalabac said:

thanks. Do you know where I can find BG2 spell codes? I can only find the spells for BG1

@Kalabac

You may find of interest some of the posts in the following discussion (especially the ones from @Cuv):

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/235972/#Comment_235972